Winning as killer is the easiest it has ever been hot take or nah?

As someone who recently came back to DBD after nearly two year hiatus its really apparent.

Maybe with the exception of the Top 5% of the 4 Man army engineers. Winning as killer has been incredibly easy in general. The movement speed nerf with Survivors getting injured, Healing mostly nerf, Dead hard getting mori'd in real time, Gen time increased and kick penalty and the I don't know what happened to tiles but they've been less oppressing(maybe I'm remembering wrong) and more unsafe pallets getting introduced really just made it so easy to pressure survivors.

Like I'm convinced that Survivors has a great chance of losing if they don't start pumping generators whenever they can. The leniency to mess around at different points in the match has been greatly reduced that you can REALLY notice survivors throwing the match by doing random BS be it cleansing totem, looting chest or giving free pressure by chasing the killer with a flash light AND if you can catch them greeding a generator that's about to be finished while injured is a noticeable breathing room for the killer

It's why STBFL is so good right now because you're making the nerfs stood out even further. Hit and Run tactics from Wraith or Onryo can be really devastating if you're playing absolutely diabolical by going against the survivor rule book and doing the tactics that applies the most pressure.

Killers that apply secondary objectives be it Pin head, Pig, or using Hex perks highlights the fact Survivor has less time to mess around before they lose resources against good killers.

I used to brag about how easy it was to escape with randoms or guarantee 3 escapes and just by running BT and DH back then but man is it so difficult now especially when randoms don't realize that they really don't have the time to take it easy.

I'm also been really confident now trying out different killers that's beside Blight or Oni.

Comments

  • @GaunterODimmDBD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3518828#Comment_3518828

    Everything you mention relies on the fact that you have to down survivors lol. Like do you not remember how absurd the sprint burst you get from getting injured you can literally drag the killer from one side of the map to the other and get to the pallet and the map was bigger back then btw? The Dead hard which is frankly another health state? The absurd amount of safe pallets? The strong tiles and window rng? The map size isn't as tight right now? Tiles where you can see the red light peek through? Config files to highlights to the red light even further and fogs are non existent? The insta med kits?

    Yeah Mori can turn the tides but usually at the first mori Survivors start pumping out generators and play it absolutely safe. Unless you're a top tier killer that doesn't matter. But in general it was living hell for most killers and again in general this state of the game is far easier.

    Downing survivors was easier back then. At most they had Dead Hard. And Dead Hard is not the boogieman everyone made it out to be. I legitimately was never concerned whether or not a survivor had Dead Hard. Dead Hard could be baited most of the time. That's not me bragging but it's the truth. Dead Hard was not an issue for me or how I played.

    Decisive Strike was the only perk that irritated me. But if I had a Mori DS was null and void. And if I didn't I could dribble to the hook if it was nearby. Swinging also caused them to miss the check pretty often. I could also slug the DS timer out. Or if I was in an area where the pallets were broke I'd just eat it.

    Also no free Borrowed Time made it really easy to tunnel out a survivor which I did every game and it was very easy to win after that.

    Also Old Ruin was so strong most of my games ended with 4 or 5 gens still up because survivors prioritized looking for Ruin and would literally throw the match for it. So many matches were free because Ruin was very strong and if it didn't get cleansed early it would win the game for you

    Then if they did make it to the end NOED was waiting for em and it was hidden with no aura.

    Killer was significantly easier than now.

    Now survivors have pema endurance, Superman vaults, faster gens because perks and boxes nullify the new longer gen speeds, and they run faster while injured...

    Survivor is easier than killer. Always has been. But Killer is weaker now than back then.

    I know because I've been playing since Leatherface came out

1 2 ›