The language filter is way too aggressive and needs to be reworked or removed

You can't even have a wholesome conversation without it blocking something. Are we really so thin-skinned that we need to have a system that results in SO MANY false positives?

Comments

  • hah, I remember how yesterday instead of gg it was ## 2 times in a row. there and NOED censored

  • Yep, and you can't say the word 'die' in a game where survivors are put in the dying state.

  • What, you ***** ****** **** as well as ****** and all the ****** ***** when you *********

  • My favorite part is "Killer" is often censored. This is a game about murdering people and sacrificing them to an evil God, how the hell are there so many censors. BHVR is just too lazy to go through and manually implement a censor for things like slurs and instead use this dogshit system that would have censored about 40% of this comment.

  • Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. I think it is so overtuned that it creates a ton of false positives. It seems to attempt to take cues on context. I can get certain words to show up, if they aren't paired with certain other words.

    Again... so worried about thin-skins.

  • Yea it makes no sense, it should just censer slurs. It so randomly that its unreal

  • In a game where I can have my face torn off but can't say gg seems kind of...odd.

    I'd rather have an option to toggle it. Words don't bother me.

  • Could just have it on by default and let people turn it off

    That's how Steam does it and it seems to work pretty good!

  • @MikhailVictor said:

    It should be toggleable. It literally bans words like "ggswp". BHVR secrectly against good sportsmanship??

    that would explain a lot

  • Instead of using whatever bot they use for the censor, they really need to set up a manual one to catch slurs but not common phrases used in the game.