Any Plans to Reinstate MMR?
I know the old mmr system was far from perfect, but is there any plans to reinstate some sort of rhyme or reason to matchmaking? It would make for a better game if the two sides had some sort of equal footing so there was a chance for a good fun game.
If MMR is impossible how about a golf handicap scenario where the side which is the underdog gets some sort of buff so gameplay is a bit more evenly weighed?
Comments
I think we should test it. We don't really know the ratio of players choosing between "quality" and "time", and the distribution of rating tiers isn't even. It also depends on the range of matching ratings and the time of day. Matching times will certainly vary, but testing will be necessary to see how long matching times players can tolerate.
first game today survivors level 1,1,1, 10 (me) killer level 47
next game survivors 4, 7, 6, 10 killer 33
next game survivors 1, 4, 2, 10 killer 100
yep I see how it seldom results in uneven matchups ;)
so why not change the game to have a golf handicap? Highly uneven games could alter gameplay so every game has some sort of balance. For instance reveal a perk of the other side for every massive uneven 10 level discrepancy. Or randomly block a perk of one side, add an extra bot player, increase/decrease movement speed, reduce the number of hooks, add/decrease pallets, drop random items like health kits, rework windows and doors for more/less challenging play. etc
I wouldn't be against some sort of mismatch-based handicap in principle, but I think it would have to be fairly conservative.
Revealing or disabling a perk for example would probably be too much, and highly situational, and likely to benefit the lower MMR party significantly less than the higher MMR.
Adjusting pallets or hook placements could be feasible. The main issue with this though, would be transparancy. I can inagine a whole campaign of complai ts about how "all my pallets are removed because of matchmaking" etc.
Gen speeds could be a fair and impactful variable, if it was gradual enough. A difference between 85 and 95 seconds per gen maybe.
Most likely though, it would be one extra/fewer chests.
Yeah the possibilities are limitless.