The Hangman's Trick rework is not good
The rework of Hangman's Trick into a Scourge Hook perk ultimately does not improve it while potentially making it worse in some cases. The fact that it's tied to the random nature of Scourge Hook spawns makes it super inconsistent, with a pretty subpar effect. 12m isn't really all that much when it's around 4 random hooks.
I've had games where Hangman's Trick revealed absolutely nobody. They didn't even have Distortion, the perk just did nothing. In games where it does reveal people, it's still very inconsistent.
My suggestion is to bring back the effect of revealing Survivors within 6m of a regular hook, as well as 12m of a Scourge Hook. Doing so will make the perk far less unreliable without revealing everybody on the map. Further changes might still be needed but I think this is a pretty safe bet.
Comments
Hangman's Trick should be like Forced Hesitation: if a survivor sabotages a hook within X distance of you, they're afflicted with Hindered for X seconds.
That's a really cool idea, but I'd like to see it made a consistent source of information first at least.