SoloQ is unplayable
Here is my today's first 5 games and tell me if you would install and hit "play" knowing this is what awaits you:
- Deadlock + NOED Bubba camps at 5 gens, teammates sit around the hook for 60 seconds instead of jumping on gens with me. Everyone dies.
- Pinhead with a build design to stomp pubs (Plaything/Penti/GiftOfPain combo) ofc my team wasted a lot of time cleansing Plaything just to get 46% slower generators (131-second gen btw). Everyone dies.
- Myers, teammate gives up on first hook at 4 gens. Everyone dies.
- Wesker, I looped this guy for 3 minutes, no one did any gen, they all crouched around trying to do hook sabo plays and horribly failed. Everyone dies.
- Spirit tunneled the first guy out (even through my FTP + Buckleup). Everyone dies.
What's the point of playing SoloQ anymore? I know there is 90% chance for my team to be super boosted no matter what, even if I keep the killer in chase for several minutes.
We need an individual score system that offers the player with the highest contribution a free escape.
Comments
I often check the hours of the players I have in the match. The killer has usually 2000-3000 h, while my teammates range from 400h to 1500h. Does the game think this is balanced just because I have 5000h ???
The problem is not in the game but in your TM (and probably in you since you fall on 5 generators)
no matter how you strengthen the survivors, if no one repairs the generators, you will not win
Sounds like skill issue (doesn't have to be yours) and match making.
Making MMR work simply based on escape was super lazy and bad approach.
If you get to elo hell in DBD, you will not get out unless you are really good at looping (run killer for 5 gens).
I think ranks did better job than this. It was simple and separated players by playtime (recent).
DBD is not a game for MMR system, yet alone bad MMR system.
I came to the conclusion that this problem is unsolvable...whatever tweaks you come up with, it's never enough.
The whole point is that killers won't chase me, I went private profile, playing on a low-prestige survivor. If I get the opportunity to loop I'll keep him in chase for 5 gens. But they always leave and down a teammate in under 10 seconds.
"and probably in you"
How is it my fault that my team doesn't do gens? And in that Bubba game it was a teammate that got hooked, I saw he was camping so I went straight to doing gens. I do have games where I go "down at 5 gens" because my team doesn't do anything while I get chased for 2-3 minutes, but I don't see how that would be my fault.
Well, that's smart from the killer...
That's why I said elo hell is near impossible to get from with this MMR system without SWF.