PTS/Beta download

I cannot believe, that in this day and age, that BHVR can't have a separate beta launcher in steam. Not having this seriously inconveniences people because when they want to play current content after downloading the beta, they need to sit through a 31gig download.

This is the first time I've downloaded the PTB (in my 2100 hours in the game) because I was seriously excited about Xenomorph. A friend came on and I want to play current content with him, now I need to sit here for half an hour. I had no idea this was a thing until now, because it's insanely unoptimized..

As an example, DayZ has a separate launcher on steam for beta/experimental stuff, so they don't need to download the ENTIRE GAME AGAIN.

Comments

  • Id also like some free levels or blood points!! Like i logged in with 200k that was barely enough to get a few levels so i could at least play with 4 perks

  • @hanen89 said:

    I cannot believe, that in this day and age, that BHVR can't have a separate beta launcher in steam. Not having this seriously inconveniences people because when they want to play current content after downloading the beta, they need to sit through a 31gig download.

    This is the first time I've downloaded the PTB (in my 2100 hours in the game) because I was seriously excited about Xenomorph. A friend came on and I want to play current content with him, now I need to sit here for half an hour. I had no idea this was a thing until now, because it's insanely unoptimized..

    As an example, DayZ has a separate launcher on steam for beta/experimental stuff, so they don't need to download the ENTIRE GAME AGAIN.

    Xbox has the same experimental "games" for both DayZ and Minecraft.

    Maybe if the devs make use of something similar us consolers can participate in PTB's as well.