Let Me Opt Out of Being Spectated in Public Matches
Laurie and I finished a gen just as Wraith downed someone. I hopped in a locker before Wraith hooked, in case he had BBQ. Laurie did not like this. How DARE I hide in a locker. She spams my locker, effectively trapping me inside until the killer showed up.
Long story short, it came down to just Dwight and I. Wraith was chasing Dwight, but the chase kept getting closer to me. I hid in a locker and Dwight looped him around it. I figured Dwight had Bond.
Nope. He was in a SWF with Laurie and she was spectating me and telling him where to go.
----
Please! Let me opt out of being spectated by public players.
While you're at it, give priority to the survivor IN the locker and let them exit when two survivors are both spamming the enter/exit locker action.
Comments
Regarding the locker interaction, another approach could be to disable the Enter Locker action after the survivor checks it once and sees another survivor in it. This would prevent them from spamming the action to trap someone inside.
(It won't fix griefing, since they could just spam emotes or teabags in front of the locker while the killer is near, but at least the person inside can get out.)
Well, that right there you have a clear violation of the rules, that's ratting out other survivors to the killer and can be reported if you can get video proof.
That is an offense that is bannable by itself, and while im sympathetic to why you want it to be removed cause of griefers i have to disagree.
There used to be a cheat a while ago im not sure is still around that makes it impossible to spectate players either by blacking it out or somehow crashing the game, this was often used by subtle cheaters to prevent video evidence. This should tell you why it needs to exist, i spectated teammates multiple times after getting suspicious of them. Especially if i had the suspicion that they used perk that didn't show in the end screen.
If DBD had a replay system then i would fully agree that spectator mode can be removed, but as of now i think it'd hurt more than it helps.