What Are Some Perks You Really Enjoy Using?
What are some perks that you like to use but are not necessarily meta?
For Killer:
- Dark Devotion; just a fun perk to toy around with, and you can sometimes pull off some cool plays with it. Not as effective against SWFs but I dont really care.
- Brutal Strength; I just love how nice to feels to use this perk, especially after the Patch 6.1.0 changes that made kicking pallets slightly faster.
- Forced Hesitation; I, at least, get perk value from this 1 time per match. Sometimes it absolutely pops off and sometimes it just helps a tiny bit. Against teams with Flashlights, this can be really strong, and can provide a large amount of utility.
- Zanshin Tactics; I just like being able to see what resources on the map and which have been used up.
For Survivor;
- Any Means Necessary; I can drop God Pallet at the start of the match with no consequences whatsoever.
- Balanced Landing; while other people really, really do not like this perk, I think the fact it is underused really helps it become a good perk. Nobody expects it.
- Autodidact; I think this perk comes in handy against Sloppy Butcher, which is a pretty common perk to see since it is a Universal Perk and it is decent on a lot of Killers. Also I like watching the healing progress go from nothing to basically done from a single skill check.
- Windows of Opportunity; while people see this perk as being crutch, I only use this to be able to see what resources are on the map, similar to Zanshin Tactics.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Coupe de Grace - I love the buffed version, people don't expect it on Dredge and helps quite a bit with his anti-loop on some of the loops.
Gearhead - My favourite aura reveal perk, if you can get hits on a consistent basis, you will get awesome value out of this perk throughout the match - I use it on my Artist.
For Killer:
Dark Devotion: It's a sneaky way to cause chaos, with people panicking when there's no threat and also catching people offguard. It also has a good, long period when it's active.
Forced Penance: Way more useful than people give it credit for and no cooldown. It always gets value every trial.
Trail of Torment: Especially with the new buff, now it gives a lot of value. Also, with gens lighting up for some survivor perks, people may find it harder to tell the difference between Trail of Torment and say Blast Mine.
Spies From The Shadows: Again, this geivesa surprising amount of value in trials. Also, because it's unexpected, survivors have tried to hide in lockers, only for a crow to fly away and give them away. I got accused pf cheating because of this, it's that good!
Terminus: If set up right, it's basically NOED with none of the downsides of being caught. It does need the set up, but the pay-off is worth it.
Blood Warden: Survivors can cancel this, but killers can open gates too. Downing a survivor before opening the gates and triggering it is one way to use it, but the best is timing it to perfection and hooking the survivor at the right time to basically turn a 0k into an unescapable 4k.
For survivor:
We'll Make It: Fast healing and a great counter to Mangled. Also, at tier 3 it's 90 seconds of speed healing. This can turn a trial around so quickly!
No One Left Behind: Since the buff, the combined ability to see where everybody is and increase to all altruistic actions makes this a powerful endgame perk.
Quick And Quiet: One of the best mindgame perks around. A quick cooldown and can be paired with so many others.
Blood Pact: I've used this with an obsession player a few times and working together has utilised the speed boost enough to distract the killer away from gens for long periods. Also a good info perk.
Leader: Dwight's "Prove Thyself" often overshadows this, but never underestimate the value this gives to knocking out a hex or opening an exit gate. Also it gives a boost to others healing you, which is always nice.
Bite The Bullet: Again, like Quick and Quiet, a perk that's useful by itself and can be used in other, unexpected ways to hide from the killer.
For killers:
BBQ: I love that perk. Information right when I need it. It might not be the strongest info perk but it helps me bridge the time between chases.
Lethal Pursuer: Synergy with BBQ and a helping hand in the early game. I know most survivor spawns but it's still nice to see where everyone spawned. Especially on maps like Haddonfield where spawns can be a bit unpredictable.
Basically I love perks that help me get into chases.
For survivors:
WoO: I can turn my head off and have the game tell me where to go. Makes for very relaxing games.
Bond: Completely underrated. So much information with this 1 perk and it helps avoiding huge solo queue mistakes.
Open Handed: Again, super underrated. Combine it with the right perks and you can see auras across the whole map. What more could you possibly need?
Alert: Helps me know which ressources are depleted and tells me the killer's location. Also counters the 'looking down to fake breaking a pallet' mind game.
oooh, I need to try Coup de Grace on Dredge later! And glad to see I'm not the only one that enjoys Gearhead <3 I haven't tried it on Artist yet, but that makes a whole heck of sense for her.
I definitely have a few go-to's when it comes to perks for Killer and Survivor... for Survivor:
And for Killer:
Dark Devotion.
I usually get people who say they're confused why I use it (especially on deathslinger for some reason) but I love it on my pseudo-stealth killer builds. Using the obsession to create a diversion is fun for me. My only wish is it worked with Game Afoot better, but I understand why that would be a bad change for Game Afoot itself in terms of other perk synergies.