Not a big fan of new Sadako's playstyle

Sadako was one of my mains before the rework, and while I get that changes had to be made, and that the new Sadako is at least still fun, any old playstyles she had are pretty much dead. Personally, I hate when that happens in any game.


Part of what I liked about the old Sadako was how each projection was a big decision on the player's part. With how long tv cooldowns were, and how you had to condemn specific people by projecting near them, a commitment was being made for the hopes that it'd pay off with a mori. Now, though? They overcorrected, and it's more like you need a reason NOT to project as soon as it's off cooldown. Projecting not only condemns every tapeless survivor on the map, regardless of positioning, but it stops survivors from interacting with them to relieve themselves of condemn and limit your mobility. Projecting hardly feels like a decision on the player's part anymore; it's more like the game decides when you should project by adding all of these benefits and putting it on a cooldown.


What about predicting which TV a survivor with a tape is going for? Noticing one of your TVs go out, and going on a frantic hunt for the survivor to try and predict their movements? Not anymore. Chances are they're just going for the closest TV, so you can just project to that one.


Again, I should at least be glad Sadako is still fun to play in some capacity, and that I can still enjoy one of my favorite horror movie characters. But I can't shake the feeling that the devs just washed away a lot of her skill ceiling and unique properties, and turned her into more of a regular M1 killer who more or less imposes a timebomb on the survivors that passively ticks down, like Pig, Freddy or Pinhead.

Comments