Spine Chill is worse than No Mither
Even Cage's meme perks can be useful under certain circumstances.
Even Cage's meme perks can be useful under certain circumstances.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Spine Chill still hard counters stealth killers. Particularly the stalky ones.
A lot of perks hard counter certain killers or strategies. Slug heavy playstyle is countered by Unbreakable etc. Hexes are countered by totem perks, but how often do you get use out of those? 1 out of 10 games?
Plus, the strong thing about old Spine Chill was the safety distance it provided, so now even if it counts stealth killers, is it useful enough to give you time to move to a safe tile/pallet? That's the question I think.
original spine chill with no LOS was extremely strong for countering stealth. it had no cooldown and it even gave 6% vaulting speed. current spine chill might be too weak.
They should just rework the perk honestly. Or just make it be a counter to stealth killers only (as in you only get an indication for a killer that has no terror radius or something) for players who are too afraid of them and would rather waste a perk slot for that. But currently I am not sure it's that effective against stealth killers.
I highly doubt most players would rather swap Adrenaline, MfT, WoO, some exhaustion perk, Inner Healing, Distortion etc. for a perk that is noob friendly against a very small set of killers.
sure but there is a difference between a perk hard-countering killer power and helping against killer power.
It might be a little too niche without the ability to loop while not looking at the killer and still having info... although it does have good use against perks like Tinkerer and Dark Devotion as well, and of course anything that afflicts the Oblivious effect. You likely won't see it's value every game, but it will come up now and again.
You could simply give it a cooldown and it would fix it. Just make it strong against stealth killers or something.
I remember using it when I first started playing (I started playing last August). It can be very useful for a newbie survivor, but I think it makes them too scared to do anything for the most part and can be a bit of a bad habit.
I didn't argue that it should be nerfed cause it creates bad habits, Prove does/did the same thing. I'm just glad to see that part of it go. But it should have been compensated adequately. I don't understand why they did not address it seriously, instead they treated it more as an afterthought.
Maybe also address some other useless perks like Calm Spirit and Pharamcy (there are probably a couple more but I cannot recall them now)
They should buff the action speed bonus. The LOS restriction needs to stay. Having it light up within 36 meters no matter what was too strong against stealth killers and gave it zero counterplay for them.
They should also update the perk’s description to better reflect how it works now as it’s pretty misleading at the moment.