How to make Survivors' gameplay more active?
So I was thinking about game design and how every second of the game should be active and fun. Because when we do nothing, how is it better than looking at loading screen?
Then I realized that Killer has very active gameplay. You are either chasing someone or looking for someone. But Survivors have too many inactivity. The most fun part is to be chased by the killer. So thinking about it I found out 3 major inactive situations.
- Being on a hook.
- Repairing generator.
- Being downed.
What parts of Survivors' gamepay you find inactive and what would possiblly help to make it active? don't be afraid to go wild while brainstorming!
Comments
I start first. Of course you can react on it but don't forget to leave your ideas!
Mechanics don't have to be difficult, just more interesting and complex. For example *focus mode skillchecks* mechanics can be inspired by music rhythm games like this:
With appropriate design though (dark, circular with mechanical visual elements? ). For hitting the "rythm" players would switch between pressing and holding SPACE. There would still be Good and Great skillcheck zones.
And *Deep Focus mode* can be just more difficult version of it as we have when Killers use certain perks. So no sound, smaller skillcheck zones etc.
Technically Focus mode can work this way: