When was killer in the best spot?

I just keep reading threads about killer being in a meh spot right now, but from what I know killer used to be in a much rougher spot back in the day as there were all kinds of advantages survivors had in their arsenal.

Please don't bring up the time when you started playing DBD, or when the skill of the players you were facing was bad. Those are not objective measures.


When was it fun to play killer from an objective point of view, as in killer was thriving.

Comments

  • Last summer was good for me I played lot back then. I really liked old ruin/pain res and pop. So compared to that killer is kinda meh now. Players have gotten better since then too almost all survivors I face loop perfectly. Back then you could win playing fairly.

  • I wish we could go back to Mika's released day. It was the best killer time.

  • I personally think it's right now.

    I don't get DS'd 4 times in 90 seconds.

    I don't have to wait for DH or worry about it artificially extending a chase another 20 seconds.

    I don't care if anyone has a key and worry about everyone just leaving at 1-2 gens.

    I don't have to worry about a OoO user relaying my every move to a SWF.

    I don't have to deal with boil over squads running to 3rd floor RPD.

    I don't have to worry about teams being healed in no time at all cuz of CoH and can actually spread pressure.

    I know I have at least 50 more seconds minimum to create pressure in some cases more because of increased gen time.

    Yeah I had to trade ruin/undying for it but these people crying about 3% movement speed don't know how good they have it rn. Literally my only complaint is Forest and Garden need major reworks but otherwise I'm happy as a killer.

  • Around this time last year when gen kicking meta was in play.

    The game is in a good spot rn though.

  • aside from made for this

    literally now ever since the killer buff patch last year and the nerfs to dh, coh and medkits that followed it has been a great time to play killer.

    only issue rn is map design which continues to be a problem but at least the devs are slowly trying to balance maps.

  • I think now is the healthiest killer has been. Not to say there isn’t more to change, such as the upcoming FoV slider. Aside from certain maps and MFT being a pain to deal with as some killers, right now is the most fun killer has been in my opinion.

    The strongest killer has been though was the Eruption/CoB/Overcharge meta. Glad that’s over now.

  • Probably now, all things considered.

    Previously I would've said it was immediately after Mikaela released, because a lot of the changes that happened around the same time were very healthy and Circle of Healing was killswitched for a short period after its release so you didn't have to deal with how overwhelmingly strong that was at the time. However, since we've had a lot of changes since then that made the game a lot better... yeah, I think killer's most fun now. The least amount of obnoxious nonsense to deal with, and a pretty respectable amount of variety in what you can bring too.

    Maps are a problem, but that's always been the case, so that metric shouldn't really affect much.

  • From a power perspective, it's hard to beat the eruption/cob/overcharge meta. Every killer could stall gens ad infinitum. It wasn't a healthy meta at all, but killers were undoubtedly "powerful".

  • Overall right now is a decent spot. But 2 things.

    Map desing is awfull. Pretty but houses and window into window into pallet into window is a little absurd.

    Gens fly. In my average match, first gen is done in first 40ish seconds of game (if not less) and second close after.

    But i think if map where less awfull gen speed would not be that noticiable. (May be im wrong).

    Glad to see devs working on older/weaker killers, Ghostface had a buff not so far ago, Sadako changes are comming (hope they change a lot because looks like a nerf) and some old perks are also getting some love (not hangs man trick wich is nerfed btw).

  • Killer is in a pretty good place right now but for me dbd’s high point was during chains of hate.

  • Agreed, I think killers are close to the best position they've ever been in right now. If we want to nitpick it was even easier before MFT, and maybe during the 3 gen meta.

    Although, it's not because something is in a good spot that it's fun or that we shouldn't point out what could still be improved.

  • I think survivor speed up perks are breaking multiple killers rn. Otherwise, pretty much since last years July mid patch killer has been in the best spot.

    Made For This and Hope completely annihilate too many killers. Scratched Mirror Myers is total garbage now.

  • I think it's in a great spot right now. The gen kick meta was ridiculously overtuned, and there were several survivor items and perks that were busted for years before that.

  • I guess during the gen-kick meta was when killer was at it's strongest but on the whole nowadays it's better than it's usually been.

    1. After Ruin rework & before Undying release
    2. Medkit/CoH nerf & before End Transmission.