Possible Perk Idea
Okay okay, I may have come up with this in just a few minutes, but with some tweaking and balancing I could very well see this perk being implemented into the game.
—
Altruism
You connect with those close to you on a deeper level, doing anything to keep them out of harms way
When within a 5 meter range of any survivor, press the activate ability button to transfer all negative status effects of that survivor, onto yourself. These negative status effects will linger on you for half of their total remaining duration.
This perk does not take effect on any permanent lasting status effects.
—
I was thinking that the perk would only highlight when the nearby survivor actually has negative status effects to transfer, but idk.
Comments
What if all survivors bring this and do a 'pass the parcel' manoeuvre to cut the duration of statuses down to 1/8th of their duration?
I think just taking the statuses at whatever duration remains would be fine. It could be that an i jured survivor has Mangled and Haemorrhage, so you take the statuses while healthy, and heal them up faster. You're healthy so you feel no effect, but if you lose a health state you'll be affected by them, even if injured in a way that wouldn't have given you those statuses.
I guess to counter this they could simply just not allow the status effects to pass more than once. or the time on the status effects only cut down by half after the first transfer.