Is anyone else finding the game is more stressful?

Hi all,


I'm finding it a lot harder to just goof around playing dbd atm, is anyone else finding matches are a lot more stressful (more in the likes of it always feels like its going wrong and there is nothing you can do to help other players who are newer etc). Or on killer side it's mostly just you have to play optimally with the right perks, though it will likely be better with the bnp nerfs and prove thyself change.


IDK what to suggest really, but I'd just like to know I'm not alone on how it feels to play and it's why I've been playing it less over the recent year.

Comments

  • You aren't alone. The biggest problem is with tunneling because it makes you feel so helpless. All you can really do is just sit on gens and hope your teammate can loop but it's solo queue so there is no hope.


    I don't understand the focus on minimizing camping when hardcore tunneling is soul draining when you experience it and you're one player down at four gens.


    As for killer, you can't play them with no meta perks. You just cannot without getting gen rushed.

  • Same. I usually look forward to playing and love leveling up my characters, but lately the game feels too try hard and has a lot of toxic folks on it who play like their families lives are at stake if they lose.

    It's exactly as mikewelk says, you sit on a gen and pray someone can kite the killer, if not it's just, idk, it feels so dissatisfying to play, unrewarding with how little BP we get for all the work put in, and at that point I turn it off and play something else.

    I don't mind winning or losing, it's how it goes. Every match I get tunneled, even if they can't catch me quickly. Then I get 5K BP. I'm confused, I swear a dev said if "can loop" a killer for a long time you're very good at the game. Well, it sure has a funny way of showing it, by giving me next to no BP.

    I just can't get into anymore, with all the nerfs and changes, it's just not cool. I was having more fun about a year ago at this time or so!

  • Sometimes you just have to adapt to the game. It's not a PVE game...and unfortunately right now the side that sweats forces the other side to play their game that way.


    I personally like to run a build for chests (ace in the hole mostly) and sometimes even I don't get the time to open one single chest and get my attack because we need to be cranking gens, let alone doing any other secondary objective like cleansing totems. Sometimes you just have to play the game in a specific way.


    If there's a lot of pressure being applied by the killer I forego both chests and totems and just do gens.

  • On survivor it's a bit 50/50, really depends on your teammates and the killer. But more so on your mindset. If you're not having fun as survivor at whatever time of day or day itself, switch to Killer and try to have fun.

    I have 3 killers I'm maining: Ghostface, Nemesis, and Wesker. Whenever I'm having bad games as survivor I just switch to playing killer and play the type I'd want to face myself. If the survivors are trying-harding, then fair enough I'll accommodate, if they're not then I honestly could care less if I get a 3k or none. I'm just there to have fun.