so what does ragequiting mean in the report section?
So we know dcings not reportable (as proven multiple times) and it cant be afking and stuff because thats already listed. I just havent looked over the report section in a bit besides exploits. Unsportsmanlike is weirdly defined imo.
Tagged:
Mod

Comments
Pretty sure these buttons don't do a damn thing. There's an actual report feature that requires you submit evidence.
Actually, they do; they flag the match for the ACMs. In all instances of a rule violation in game, this is required. From there, a Support Ticket is optional or required as well depending on the rule broken, as noted here: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/139-game-rules
In regards to ragequitting and the like, the first sentence explains it. Its no different than the other examples like AFK, or admission of giving up in post game chat (like if they admit running to the killer to give up on first hook because they didn't want to play the match anymore). And yes, DCs are not reportable, and they may not be ragequits either (Years ago I myself had an internet outage right as I was jumping into the hatch; my friend thought I DC'd but then realized I disappeared from Steam and Discord as well).
i mean ive had a hand full of matches where people actually admit they dc because of "playing bore merchant" or "downing them with crutch perks" or other reasons. But yeah i do see the purposeful running at them, makes sense. Thank you!
And to note, a one-off incident of running to killer/dying on first hook may not be ragequit, it could be an IRL emergency, just like an AFK could if its only done once in a very rare occasion. But if a player is reported repeatedly because they do it very frequently, that is when they'll receive consequences.
Once they implement the Report Feedback, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'd be willing to bet money that they basically never punish rule-breaking, even if you follow their "Reporting" instructions to the letter.
edit: Oh, if you hack your save to give yourself free DLC, I'm sure they'll bring the hammer down. Can't mess with their cash flow.
Anything else? They don't care.
I know when I have an emergency, the first thing I do is find the killer, run to them, let them hit me twice, let them pick me up and carry me to a hook, and then hold down M1 three times to make sure my video game character is dead before I take off my headphones and google "heimlich maneuver"
That's exactly like an AFK or a DC
Yeah I haven't had a game crash in as long as I can remember, then yesterday my game froze for about 10 or so seconds while I was being carried and then crashed completely. I'm hoping since it was endgame and my first hook and the killer was inadvertently carrying me towards a hook near the exit gates where my team mates were resetting, that they'd all assume I had a crash. Makes me think i should give the benefit of the doubt more often to team mates who suddenly DC.