How to make MFT healthy

This perk has issues with synergies with other perks and playstyles that can easily be fixed with some simple changes. Fixing the issues where players don't want to heal because of MFT+DH/resil or MFT+ Hope in the endgame where survivors become OP.

The obvious solution to fixing this problem is making MFT a buff that is proc'd when the survivor enters the injured state that requires the survivor to not be exhausted, causes exhaustion, and last for 60 seconds. This would still have the perk give the 3% ms but remove the problematic areas that surround this perk. The perk for most players would still be roughly the same power level but no longer have issues with certain playstyles/perks.

Comments

  • This would kill it.

    And that comes from someone who hates MFT a lot.

  • I think that would be a tad too much.

    I would say that it just need to inflict Exhaustion while injured, so it can't be combod with another Exhaustion perk like DH.

    And it should only activate the Haste while in a chase, so that you can't benefit from additional speed when pre-running, and delaying the start of the chase, like Sprint Burst.

    I don't think it's too strong to pair with Resilience, if the survivor wants to make the choice to optimise their perks by remaining injured as long as they think they can at the risk of going down in one hit, then that should be a valid build. Resilience+DH is already a valid build, Resilience+MfT would just be a variation on that. And I don't think pairing it with Hope is a problem either, Hope is already doing the heavy lifting. If MfT+Hope is a problem, then Hope alone is already a problem, and it's not.

  • @Seraphor said:

    I think that would be a tad too much.

    I would say that it just need to inflict Exhaustion while injured, so it can't be combod with another Exhaustion perk like DH.

    And it should only activate the Haste while in a chase, so that you can't benefit from additional speed when pre-running, and delaying the start of the chase, like Sprint Burst.

    I don't think it's too strong to pair with Resilience, if the survivor wants to make the choice to optimise their perks by remaining injured as long as they think they can at the risk of going down in one hit, then that should be a valid build. Resilience+DH is already a valid build, Resilience+MfT would just be a variation on that. And I don't think pairing it with Hope is a problem either, Hope is already doing the heavy lifting. If MfT+Hope is a problem, then Hope alone is already a problem, and it's not.


    I think that would be fine.