As survivor, do you normally bring items into the trial, or do you find them in the trial?

I'm curious as to how everyone approaches items in this game.

Comments

  • I almost never bring my own items into the trial. The only time I do is when I have a challenge to deplete a certain item or get blinds or something.

  • If I have to spend bloodpoints on them I’m gonna bring them. If it’s something I won’t use - like a flashlight - I’ll offer it to teammate.

  • I'll sometimes bring flashlights for the funsies but other than that unless it's for a challenge I basically never bring medkits or toolboxes. Why? Because the the game is already ridiculously unbalanced enough without them. If I actually needed them to win then either me or my team is playing very badly and we don't deserve to win anyway.

    The difference between throwing something like 4 medkits into the game and having none is like night and day. It isn't a 10% better chance of winning, it's like an advantage of telling you to do 2 extra gens. I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic here, but it's to get the point across of how significant of a sway items have over a match.

    Also, while flashlights can add fun, medkits and toolboxes do not, they're literally just there to increase your chance of winning.

  • I'll usually bring items in, though theres not really a plan and they're there as a "Just in case this proves to be useful" kinda thing. Not beyond looking for better items in a trial though

  • I rarely bring items, so I'm more on the "i look for items" fence. I usually bring in a chest build for guns.

  • Depends if I run my meme chest build tbh.

  • Mostly I bring my own items (browns and yellows only because I am a rare item gremlin and must hoard) but I've had a lot of fun with chest builds too, so sometimes I'll just look through chests.

    Sometimes if my medkit runs out and a chest is nearby, I'll also try it out.

  • >I'll sometimes bring flashlights for the funsies but other than that unless it's for a challenge I basically never bring medkits or toolboxes. Why? Because the the game is already ridiculously unbalanced enough without them. If I actually needed them to win then either me or my team is playing very badly and we don't deserve to win anyway.

    I bring items every game, 100% of the time, to counter this guy's attempts to throw.

  • I'll usually slap on something simple like a yellow flashlight with a brown battery or a brown medkit.

    Why? I'm a hoarder, simple as. Flashlights are just fun to have just in case and brown medkits I actually have enough of to not feel like I'm hurting my hoarding instincts too hard by bringing one.

  • I'm a hoarder. I try to look for chests once the gates are powered to add to my collection.