Clap Trap Batteries Should Last Longer
Whatever else ends up happening with Skull Merchant and with the wider 3-gen issue, I'm of the opinion that her claw trap batteries should be considerably longer. Now that they're used as a way of disabling the drones for a period, survivors should want them to be lengthy enough to get some generator progress done before the drones go back up, and now that they apply direct buffs to the Skull Merchant while they're up, the killer should want the ability to use the tracking, Haste, and pallet-break mechanic more consistently.
It'd be a complete win/win to have the claw traps last longer, at least from a certain perspective. Sure, your drones are disabled for longer... but you're getting enhanced chase and some tracking out of it. Sure, you're tracked by the Merchant more consistently... but you don't have to worry about that drone for longer. It's more dynamic and should allow more varied use of Skull Merchant's power.
Skull Merchant should be incentivised to use the modular and varied nature of the power more without just dropping drones on generators, regardless of if it's three generators in a cluster or not. This change could definitely be a step in that direction!
Comments
Clap trap
...Wow, I really messed that up. Those are on opposite sides of the keyboard, how in the heck did I manage that...
I'll keep it up or this won't make any sense, lol.
Except the longer duration of the Claw Trap just lengthens the amount of time a specific survivor has to wait before being able to work on a gen. You know, due to them having the claw trap raising the other drones up into the sky since there are 4 drones and 3 gens.
Which is the opposite of helpful against the 3-gen strategy.
Skull Merchant is a flawed and failed concept.
I believe there is an add-on that increases lifespan of claw traps. supercharger? maybe buff that add-on.