When are we going to focus on bug fixes, inconsistency between games, and overall game enjoyment?

I honestly feel as though Dead by Daylight would be much more enjoyable if the game was less buggy / inconsistent, instead of just pushing new content over and over and band-aiding all of the issues that arise from that. I just created a BHVR account to post about this to get the opinions of the playerbase, and possibly even the developers.

The problem is whether it is ping difference (e.g. Killers having good ping and the next match they constantly have high ping/packet loss), general gameplay issues, or bugs specific to Items/Add-on/Perks/Killers, Dead by Daylight would be doing much better if they weren't a constant issue. It has already been proven again and again that every time new content gets pushed out the older content ends up having several bugs and sometimes the new content will as well. My opinion is my own, and the developers don't have to do everything the community is telling them (and I hope they don't because 99.9% of the players don't understand how hard balancing and developing a game is with every factor involved, including myself), and I feel like making the game more refined instead of constantly introducing new things would help Dead by Daylight's health significantly.

If BHVR is worried about its revenue it should be focusing on the playability of Dead by Daylight instead of making more DLC for it, the reasons why I think this is as follows:

  • The base game off-sale is $20, and the DLC off-sale is over $100, which is a huge money investment.
  • More content makes the game more and more overwhelming to new players.
  • Newer players are more likely to stop playing the game due to not having any investment or time spent on it.

The main issue is that BHVR is advertising this game and trying to introduce new players, but the amount of things you need to learn in this game is extremely overwhelming as of now, and BHVR is still making more content. New players will be more likely to keep playing Dead by Daylight if their experience with the game isn't bad.

I, and possibly many other players, would love to see an overall improvement in working on the core game, I will list a few examples of what I feel is worth focusing on:

  • Bug fixes, gameplay fixes (killer and survivor), killer powers, perks, and items.
  • Ping limits, don't let people with over 150ms into lobbies that have a collective ping of around 50ms - 80ms.
  • Consistency of gameplay between matches, though most of the issues are due to high latency differences.

While maintenance of Dead by Daylight through having an overall more consistent experience with the game would be great, there are also plenty of quality-of-life features that could be added to Dead by Daylight to help prevent players from having an extremely unfun or frustrating time playing the game. I am not going to list any to prevent starting a war, but if you want to list your thoughts on possible QoL features then comment on this post, or make a separate post about it on the feedback page.

I would love to see what you guys think about this, I love this game and the concept behind it, but it is very frustrating to see how it is now, please feel free to add to this or correct me on things I have written here.

Comments

  • I agree with your post. All these bugs and high pings, vaulting over a window and magically being teleported back to the other side by wesker is getting old fast.

    Hitting the button to drop a palette and just dying because it doesn't work.

    All this stuff needs to be fixed.