Game optimization?
Hello everyone
I am writing this to show my dissatisfaction with what I think is the poor optimization of the game. I think I have a decent laptop so I can play Dead by Daylight on max graphics at a constant 60 FPS, but the problem is that I don't, even when I play on the lowest graphics the FPS drops out of nowhere for a couple of seconds and then goes back to normal (60 FPS), this happens every single match. I feel like this didn't happen to me before, but it's been happening to me for months now and it's already very annoying, since in other games it doesn't happen to me, even in games that demand more requirements than Dead by Daylight. I have re-installed the game multiple times, I have my drivers updated and Windows updated as well. Any solutions or reasons for this FPS problem? I play on Epic Games by the way.
These are my laptop specifications:
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11400H
- 16 GBytes RAM DDR4 Dual Channel
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 6 GBytes
- 512 GBytes SSD
Comments
Those of us on console have been wondering these things for years now. A lot of devs outsource optimization to specialists when they port their games to other platforms, but for DBD they kept it inhouse and have been doing it themselves.
Due to how this game was coded it is super duper heavy on using resources, especially compared to other games that are much more demanding graphically etc.