The Singularity is awful part 2

I have been vocal about the Singularity being awful to play in a previous post. I have revisited him after the recent buff and still come to the same conclusion. I completely understand, why I never see someone playing it anymore. It is a shame because the lore and concept are great.

Setting up bio orbs is a waste of time. They get EMP'd and you have to go around the map to manually reset them or wait out the shock. Both are a waste of time. Beyond that, survivors can see you using them and just stand behind something...and simply avoid getting infected.

The only way to reliably use his power is in a chase. You shoot a bio orb at the loop, infect them and then slipstream. However, most of the time the survivor already has an EMP in hand (or a teammate nearby with one) resulting in you having to set up twice. Going in and out of animation is clunky usually giving the survivor enough time to run to another loop.

If you do successfully slipstream there is an initial "coming out of animation" which makes you not really bridge the distance to a survivor. Most maps have a lot of safe loops/pallets resulting in your overclock running out by the time you get close to getting an hit. The vaulting and kicking the pallet does not do enough to catch up and reliable to get a hit. Especially with Made for This being rampant to becomes even more of a problem.

The only situation in which overclock actually contributes to getting hits due to his power, is when you slipstream at a pallet resulting in an instant break and a hit.

Ergo, on average using his power makes you just loose a lot of time and you will get down quicker and more reliable by just playing him without using his power.

More needs to be changed to actually make this killer good.

Comments

  • I think you have lack of experience playing the killer. you can put multiple camera's in a loop and switch camera's to infect the survivor at different angles. The loss of distance when standing still is not too detrimental for him because he can teleport and gain back all distance.

    I think my main problem for me playing killer is that overclock has too much counter-play vs skilled loopers and the mechanic is time-sink for the killer due to EMP mechanic. when you tp, I estimated that the survivor is roughly 6 meters ahead of you but overclock has wake up time of 1.7 seconds so if you teleport and survivor running forward, the total distance is around 10 meters. breaking pallet through his TP hinders you enough that survivor makes it to next pallet. Survivor still get to the next pallet with 75% action speed in my experience. The only place where overclock provides value is when you teleport, rotate pallet and swing into the pallet such that pallet breaks and you hit the survivor. The issue with that is since survivor is 10 meters ahead of you when you tp and overclock lasts 5.7-1.7 which is total of 4 seconds. 0.6x4 = 2.4 meters. 10-2.4 -> 7.4. A lunge is roughly 6 meters. 6-7.4 ->1.4 meters. you do not have enough in overclock to outrun the survivor with teleport if the survivor is perfectly efficient. They can drop the pallet and you cannot swing into the pallet. With pad-glove, you gain 6.5 seconds which is 4.8 meters. you still do not have enough distance to hit them. At best case scenario, your swing into the pallet hit box and get hit by pallet but not getting the hit.

    I wish overclock provides something like a 7% haste bonus when in overclock. that would major improve him. ever since add-on changes, I struggle to get any use out of overclock in chase against the efficient loopers that hug-corner tightly. I did some arithmetic math to understand why I am no longer getting hits with his power.