Trying to make the dull merchant fun

I know I'm trying the impossible but any builds that cab be interesting

I'm running brutal shadow born machine learning and game a foot with the haste addon and oblivious

Any ideas how to make her enjoyable

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you don’t enjoy her base gameplay, I just wouldn’t even force it. Stick to the killers whose powers you fundamentally enjoy.

    I enjoy Skull Merchants ability to lock off zones and make looping more dangerous against her, but people hate her so I hardly touch her, I just play Knight instead <3

    I initially hated her because she seemed so basic on the PTB. Wow, my whole power is just to press a button and place a drone, so cool /s But I did grow to quickly enjoy what she can do with a power that’s so easy to use but requires some brain power to manage your drone resources and usage (outside of just 3 genning)

    Having used her for a good few weeks before giving up with her due to the start of the game DC’s and hook suicides, I can confirm that she is a very solid killer. Anyone saying she’s only good for 3 genning do not have enough experience using her to have a valid opinion.

    Oh no I like her speed I tried knight and he was OK but not the same

    I like the idea of a killer that gets progressive faster when right conditions are met I had a match where I was going at 140% because machine learning game afoot and a claw trap were all active at the same time

    Typo

  • Okay, I will make some fun Skull Merchant build that is not focused on Gens (Gen Merchant). The only really alternative that scales with your power (haste from drones) is well... Haste build.

    image.png

    Switching and chasing your obsession will give you extra haste on top of the haste you will gain from your power. Making you Sonic Merchant aka Chasing Merchant. It is best with this add-on since it helps you in chase, gives you drones extra purpose to use in chase and scales with the haste build.

    image.png

    Gl hf in the Fog!

  • Skull Merchant has a surprising variety of builds, in my experience. You've kinda got to accept that she's not going to be an S-tier killer no matter what you do with her, but with that in mind, her kit can do a pretty decent amount.

    If you like any hex perks, she's good at defending those. It's a similar principle to defending gens with her, but it actually stands a chance of winning you the match because you're being active and actually getting hooks. Devour is a staple here, but you can make almost anything work. Simple execution: Set your drones on your totems and play normally otherwise, using the drones as an early warning system for which totems are being cleansed similar to Lifeguard Whistle Demogorgon.

    Personally I'm a big fan of playing her as a chase killer. You'll want to bring some of the high-tier addons for debuffing/buffing with the active drone radius, like the aura-reveal or the Hindered, or giving yourself Haste and action speed, those ones. Then, bring Enduring, Spirit Fury, and the two perks of your choice; I like Deadlock and Brutal Strength for a slowdown-light build, but you could bring anything there. The way you play it is setting up drones not just at generators, but near strong loops, so you can push survivors into that area and manually activate the drone just before they run into it.

    What I'm hoping for with her suite of changes is that they'll make stealth more viable on her. Her kit should be able to do it, but the values are just too low as it stands.

  • I don't like defending stuff, it's boring to me in a way that makes me want to not play the game.

    So I run Strobe Lighting and Advanced Movement Prediction with Jolt, Lethal Pursuer, Lightborn, and Discordance.

    This build just lets me optimize chasing and pathing.

    Before that build I was using Adaptive Lighting and Ultra Sonic Trap speaker with Dragon's Grip, trail of Torment, Lightborn, and lethal pursuer.

    Basically having near on demand undetectable and some limited exposure.