Progression Penalty should be removed when died by tunneling
Seriously though, tunneling to death. What do BHVR expect us to do? A magic trick?
The situation got worse during the event. Three in the row, same killer, same playstyle.
Wesker -> Hook you -> proxy camp -> unhook if teammate willing to save you (else skipped) -> tunnel -> tunnel -> tunnel -> die. End of story. This is the life of solo q. Oh yes, this happening while 4-5 gens are left. Wow, shocking.
If they're unwilling to give us efficient tools/perks to counter tunneling, they should totally remove progression penalty when died by tunneling/camping.
Comments
Your issue is everything that leads to survivor's death is considered either camping or tunneling.
I loved Otz experiment where he tried to play without tunneling and survivors were still calling him tunneler.
Unless you died when there are 3 hooks total, you don't have what to complain about.
And even that doesn't have to be killer faults. If all other survivors are hiding, what is he supposed to do?
I always try to find unhooking survivor, but if they hide and I see only unhooked, it's not my problem.