Made For This Change Ideas

Since Made For This is the OP perk du jour, I started thinking about what could be done with it to address its issues.

The main issue, as I understand it, is the stong, constant power-up of 3% run speed with no requirement other than "be hurt". I'm my sure if the Endurance has been an issue. To that end, I have 2 ideas:

The simplest idea is you get the 3% Haste only for the duration of the chase in which you are injured. Once you're out of chase for long enough the perk resets until the next time you go from healthy to injured.

To incorporate the Endurance effect, you could add in "you also get the 3% speed boost when injured and you have the Endurance effect."

My main worry there is interaction with Dead Har, Off the Record, and Mettle of Man. I imagine OTR will be the problematic one. depends on when the Exhaustion kicks in. I don't think anyone wants to see the return of Dead Hard For Distance. I can't recall offhand if Exhausted kicks in immediately or after the Dead Hard dab completes itself. Mettle of Man requires enough set up I can't see it being a huge issue

By other post thought was give Made For This a "Bloodlust" mechanic. Once injured you start at 0-1% Haste but the longer the chase goes on the more that increases until the chase ends. This changes the perk from "rewarding a survivor's mistake" to a perk that punishes a Killers mistake in not breaking off a chase when they should.

Comments