UI randomly disappeared after I was downed (skill checks not visible)

DeadByDaylight.log

Exactly what it says in the title. Was playing on PC with 3 other console survivors and a console Myers. I was downed and suddenly the entire UI was gone. Perks, survivor icons, gens left, my current action, all gone.

ui gone 1.png

^ Screenshot I took once I noticed something was wrong. I couldn't see my recovery bar and had to go off of the animations to realize I was recovering.

ui gone 2.png

^ Screenshot once I was healed up, UI still not present.

ui gone 3.png

^ Screenshot once I got on a gen. No progress bar, and most importantly skill checks were not visible. This one was thankfully almost done, but I tried doing another one after this and couldn't. I would hear the skill check noise and the skill check itself would not show, making it impossible to finish a gen.

I'd be happy to add more info if needed. This made the game unwinnable and I really don't want anyone else going through this.

EDIT: Tried attaching the log just in case. I didn't play a single game after this one.

DeadByDaylight.log


Comments

  • Also, I should've checked the forums before posting, but I found someone else on here that went through the exact same issue. Is the bug specific to matches against Myers?

  • Hi, do you remember what addons the killer was using please?

  • @Mandy said:

    Hi, do you remember what addons the killer was using please?

    …I really should’ve taken a screenshot of that. I don’t remember. I thiiiink they were yellow, but I’m not sure. I would’ve noticed if they were iri/purple.


    Serious question, is that info not visible in the log file? I thought that would be there.