Pyramid Head can use some minor adjustments
HI I LIVETH ONCE MORE
Right now, pyramid is in a good spot, but sometimes he feels outdated. While I personally loved the buff he was going to get in the PTB for the anniversary, it was kinda busted. However, I think that this issue highlights some other problems that Pyramid Head has.
First and foremost, one of the most common issues that almost all killers have right now are either unused or useless addons. Addons are supposed to be elements within dbd that changes how you play a killer or "add on" to the powers of a killer's abilities. I believe that a few of pyramid head's addons can be changed. For example, the killer instinct addons are almost completely unused by most pyramid head players, since killer instinct doesn't do much in many scenarios as pyramid head. Instead, these addons can be changed to be aura-revealing addons, that reveal the survivor for a certain amount of time (nothing over six seconds for both), and replacing the killer instinct.
Regarding his power, there are not many issues with it, but I think its about time to add back the ability to see where the caged survivors are gonna appear. I know that tunneling can be a huge issue with Pyramid Head, but with the future penalties coming to face-camping and tunneling, I don't think we'll be seeing these issues for long.
The last comment I want to make is the ability to spread torment. If a survivor comes into close-enough contact with another survivor, they will spread the torment to another survivor. This can boost pyramid head's use of the cage, along with creating more pressure on the survivors. Another way that torment can be spread if via killer interactions. For example, if he were to kick a gen, then that gen can become tormented.
Overall, while Pyramid Head is still one of the most well-designed killers in the game, I feel like its about that time where we adjust him a bit, especially since he hasn't gotten a proper update in a long time. While some of these changes can be tweaked, I hope that they can act as the foundation of future updates (and possible buffs) to this amazing killer.
Comments