Matchmaking is absolutely miserable

And BHVR is doing nothing about it. MMR is HELL.

Me playing as killer is nothing but sweat and try hard survivors locking on generators like heat seeking missiles.

Solo survivor is the worse offender of all. Every match is the same on repeat. Same maps, same survivors, same killer. Survivor goes down within 5 secs and disconnects. The rest soon follows. I feel like I'm playing with and against the same players and it absolutely dulls my mind. Killer tunnels and camps at 5 gen. Survivors do nothing but crouch or stand in lockers. Ghostface, legion or wraith is always an instant loss. I haven't escaped for an entire week.

Your game is dying in the worst way possible.

Comments

  • Yesterday I had the pleasure of playing with no prestige Dwight/David and the killer going after them and taking them out first. But that's what lobby-shopping does.

  • It is genuinely bad. And we can't even give feedback as to why it's bad. Everything is hidden from us. Although it hasn't been my experience at all, many killer players seem to be getting matched way over their heads. I have the opposite issue where I rarely run into survivors at my skill level. Everyone having different experiences would indicate that matchmaking is a crap shoot.

    And solo survivor is horrific. Everyone is essentially in the same pool. It makes zero effort whatsoever to make a good match. It just seeks to create a match as quick as possible. I'm going multiple days without playing anymore, and that hasn't happened in 5 years. At some point you just give up and move on. The devs have made it pretty clear they don't care about competitive solo players. They're going to throw you into the first lobby available with teammates who have 1/20th of your hours, 1/200th of your game sense, and good luck. Then 1 in every 10 games or so you get a full lobby of solo players at your skill level with 20k total hours, hold the killer to 4 total hooks, and think maybe it's turning around. Then you're back to a random MMR soup lobby.

    Players shouldn't have to form a full premade if they're good at the game and want to have a good experience. This is the only game I've played that actively punishes you for being good at it by expecting you to carry weaker players instead of just having you wait a few minutes for teammates at your MMR.

    The bidirectional matchmaking test was the best experience I've ever had in solo queue. My queues were instant and half my teammates were already on my Steam friends list.

  • They should literally just scrap it. It's sunk cost fallacy m

  • I haven't escaped for an entire week.

    Sometimes I wish bHVR could check in on if claims people make like this is true, like come-on people who lose 100% of their matches has to be EXTREMELY small. aint possible.

    Have you considered taking a break?

  • Playing killer feels like a gen rush sweat fest 4 out of every 5 games. Playing solo survivor you're doomed in 80-90% of matches. If that first survivor goes down immediatly in chase forget about it.


    I'll also add there is absolutely no excuse to go down immediatly at the beginning. A whole map worth of broken crap and pallets at disposal. Everytime this happen I roll my eyes.