Anyone ever have this happen after self unhook?

I always wait to try a self unhook until the bar is close to reaching the 2nd hook stage. I just had a match where I unhooked myself just before going into 2nd stage but then my hook number updated to show 2 instead of 1. I'm guessing the bar doesn't stop progressing as you're attempting to unhook yourself. I got downed again and when I was hooked I didn't get instantly eliminated. Instead it did the entire animation as if I was getting hooked the 2nd time and then my character was eliminated. It looked exactly like the situation before the struggle change happened where if you didn't press your spacebar right away after being hooked again you would die on hook. It kind of confused me because I thought for a moment I wasn't already on my 2nd stage hook when I wasn't instantly eliminated.

Also a reminder to all survivor players out there to please stop ignoring your team when they are on hooks and go for saves, especially when the killer is nowhere near them.

Comments

  • Yeah

    This has been a bug since they updated the attempting to unhook yourself animations and I'm p sure it's been reported/talked about several times but since it's so rare nothing has really been done to remedy it

    It may have something to do with latency or server validation, as sometimes I've managed to unhook somebody even when the UI shows that their bar was fully depleted (the little animation where it disappears).