Old rift cosmetics and charms

Will they ever come to the store? It makes no sense to me, why not everything from old rifts is in the store.

Trapper alone for example: his Circus Strongman (tome 4) and Winter Chill (tome 6) outfits are missing.

Also loose items like Dwight's pixelated pizza hoodie. They could earn a lot more money.

Why doesn't the store has a charm section coming from older rifts?

I can understand keeping event items exclusive (I also don't agree with this) but just from a marketing perspective this isn't a wise decision. It is also not very nice to newer players.

Comments

  • 100% agree with your post: permanent exclusivity is bad, anti-consumer and not friendly with new players. A full year of exclusivity before being made available to buy for all should be the maximum, full stop. FOMO is repulsive, that's a fact.

    Alas, it doesn't seem you debate with marketing...whatever the game and/or context.

  • Some rift cosmetics are slowly but surely making they way into the store. The only ones that haven't been "unlocked" again yet are the recolors from what I've seen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The "Frozen" cosmetic set's (Sorry don't know the actual name for the set series) are probably part of the festive cosmetic set's that can only be gained during there appropiate festive season (Mainly from October to the end of January is when this happens). I'm not sure if Frozen Trapper and Billy are part of those festive set's, but yeah if there had to be a time they'd reappear it would be as mentioned.

    I don't think they actually were. Hence, some frozen skins are in the shop like Hag's and Ghostface's. I know Trapper's outfit was part of a rift.

  • I 100% agree with this. I'm a huge conpletionist, but I was very new to the game during the first tome and I missed out on a charm and a singular not set cosmetic, because I bought the rift not realizing exactly how it worked and it ended a day later.


    It drives me nuts that I'll never have that charm, or that cosmetic, because I've only ever seen them bring sets back, not singular pieces.


    I got really excited when I saw them announce the collections tab during the anniversary stream, but it seems it's only anniversary collection items, unless I'm misunderstanding.


    Please add a permanent collection tab that adds rift charms and singular non set pieces that came out over a year ago. It drives me bonkers. It's silly, but I'm obsessed with lore accurate charms on my character and I will never have the perfect set. :(

  • @Milo said:

    Some rift cosmetics are slowly but surely making they way into the store. The only ones that haven't been "unlocked" again yet are the recolors from what I've seen.

    Charms and single-pieces have no chance of coming back, it seems. Which is not a smart decision, imho.

  • @SlowLoris said:

    I 100% agree with this. I'm a huge conpletionist, but I was very new to the game during the first tome and I missed out on a charm and a singular not set cosmetic, because I bought the rift not realizing exactly how it worked and it ended a day later.

    It drives me nuts that I'll never have that charm, or that cosmetic, because I've only ever seen them bring sets back, not singular pieces.

    I got really excited when I saw them announce the collections tab during the anniversary stream, but it seems it's only anniversary collection items, unless I'm misunderstanding.

    Please add a permanent collection tab that adds rift charms and singular non set pieces that came out over a year ago. It drives me bonkers. It's silly, but I'm obsessed with lore accurate charms on my character and I will never have the perfect set. :(

    I feel the same way. I also feel it is a slap in the face of veteran players, who missed out on something due to...life or newer players who have no access to older cosmetics.

  • @mca240 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3442302#Comment_3442302

    I feel the same way. I also feel it is a slap in the face of veteran players, who missed out on something due to...life or newer players who have no access to older cosmetics.

    Exactly. I don't think anyone is gonna complain if these are brought back in a collections tab and you use iri shards to unlock them. Heck, have an iri shard and an auric cell price. Free money for assets already made and people get to round out their collection. Win win.

  • @SlowLoris said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3442462#Comment_3442462

    Exactly. I don't think anyone is gonna complain if these are brought back in a collections tab and you use iri shards to unlock them. Heck, have an iri shard and an auric cell price. Free money for assets already made and people get to round out their collection. Win win.

    I would probably spend 100 dollars on charms alone, lol