Would adding a compass be problematic?

I was wondering what everyone thinks about adding a compass to the game. Is it something the devs have ever considered? I feel like it would help with communicating, but maybe it would be problematic for balance? I can't think of any problems but I'm sure someone can enlighten me. Sometimes it's just a pain trying to tell someone where you're at on the map, and it would be nice to say I'm in the northwest corner or something. That's all!

Comments

  • @Nicholas said:

    I was wondering what everyone thinks about adding a compass to the game. Is it something the devs have ever considered? I feel like it would help with communicating, but maybe it would be problematic for balance? I can't think of any problems but I'm sure someone can enlighten me. Sometimes it's just a pain trying to tell someone where you're at on the map, and it would be nice to say I'm in the northwest corner or something. That's all!

    I've gotten used to navigating by landmarks as I learn maps.

    Such an addition wouldn't do squat for solo queue but be quite usable by those on comms. Because of that you might stir the ire of those who, um... dislike SWF a little bit.

  • I think both a compass and an apex legends style ping system would be great additions for survivors.