Maybe this is the good year?
So, maybe this is the good year that devs finally understand that tunneling the objcetive (for survivors gens, and for killer survivors) is bad for the game... Probably no.
So, the anti camping mechanic left me with more doubts than anything else, because ok it's good, but how does it works on maps with multiple floors? Because, if I'm literally on the ground floor, under the hooked survivor who is on the first floor, without maybe even a way up, it's not fair that the survivor can free himself even if I'm not actually camping. Also, bhvr, WHY are you obsessed with punishing killer playstyle? Ok, I agree that facecamping is bad, but give me a reason to live the hook, same with tunneling. Give me a reason to go for mixed hooks, a reward in game (my idea of "more hooks, less gen speed" is still valid) not something like "oh if you go for mixed hooks you gain 100% more bp", because no one would go for mixed hooks even if you give them 1 million bp.
Also, I hope bhvr finally destroy everything that speed up gens. I got back to the game after like a 5 months break, and genrush is even worse. It's just insane how survs can now speed up gens without anything that can prevent that. Bhvr, please, it isn't difficult to undestand that if you nerf all gen regression and leave survs with all gen speed things, their objective can be made too fast. It's always the same thing: in an asymmetric game, with two different roles facing each other (for dbd obviously we are talking about killers and survivors), if you nerf something on one side, you have to nerf something with the same soul on the other side, a bit like you have done with the healing nerf. You nerfed thana alright so you nerfed the healing the same way because if a killer was running a full-powered thana build with healing nerfed this way, that would probably be pretty unfair. So, you nerfed pop, ruin, corrupt, thana, pain resonance, overcharge, COB... now why don't you nerf things like toolboxes, prove thyself and bnp? With this, and the anti camping mechanic, the game can be better because I can go for mixed hooks without problems, because I don't have to worry about gen being rushed and don't have anything to defend them.
I apologize for my English, I'm Italian
EDIT: A gentle soul on this forum said that devs already confirmed that the Anti-camping feature work through floors. Why? Only Nurse can walk through floors, so why this mechanic work through floors for every killer? Obviously a good mechanic will be used to break the game by SWF, I can already imagine the SWFs that will put maps like "The game" and "Silent hill" on purpose just to have yet another mechanic in their favor, even if actually that mechanic shouldn't activate because the killer is on a different floor than the hook.
Comments
I will believe that whenever i see.
Nerfing face-camp is good step, i will give that.
But tunelling needs to be adressed as well. Solo survivor still needs some QoL changes and small buffs tho.
And for killers generators are still problem, correct. Especially after the last meta perk changes. Rework toolboxes and nerf generator progression perks.
Could be a good couple chapters, but I wouldn't expect a good year.
Last year was a good year until The Knight.
You literally summarised my whole point. Solo survivor need a sort of "chat in game" with default message (for example "Heal me"). A guy posted a nice idea of this in another post. This is the only buff I will make to help soloq, because everything else go to buff swf, and swf are well know to unbalance the game due to their incredible efficiency and organisation.
True, good. A slow descent into disgust has begun since the Knight, and with skully became even worse.