How is the game atm ?

Hello,

Last time that I played this game was near one year ago and I really enjoyed it, I loved playing survivor but I was more a killer main but there were some issues:

- hackers

- game was too much survivor sided

- sometimes really hard because of team of 4 friends.


I didn't stop for that but I really want to go into it another time and was wondering if the game was better (I mean less survivor sided) than before with all the new updates, killers/survivors.


Thank's.

Comments

    • Many QoL updates (Challenges are better to select and easier to track, faster Bloodpoints and more Bloodpoints because everything is cheaper, and more...).
    • Med-kits are weaker when using on yourself overall, Survivors now have basic HUD to show who is doing what (which player is being chased, doing a generator, etc.), some previous meta Survivors and Killer perks have been nerfed and they are no longer that popular or strong.
    • Hackers of course still exists, but I would say they are overall less of them than I saw year ago.
    • Groups with friends are the same and probably always will be.
    • Due to DH and medkits being reworked the killer experience is more rewarding in SoloQ. SWF remains the same.
    • As opposed to the above updates due to the increased focus on gen progression you may often find killers that tunnel / camp right from the start. While Bubba is still Bubba players with Nurse or the Spirit go for the same survivors to ensure a win via the easiest route.
  • Well, I played dbd today after like a 5 months break, and what I noticed is (playing killer, surv I don't know because my SWF wasn't online):

    • Genrush: Well, without gen regression obviously gens are faster than ever, but I played with an anti-heal build so I managed to win because my opponents never healed all the match, and the first hit was almost gifted sometimes. So, I would say that if you manage to keep all survs injured, with a bit of tunneling you can win. Also, without DH is pure freedom, I didn't face a single DH in any of my matches, finally. My best advice is to use an anti-healing build as killer, WITHOUT tana. I tried with tana, but it's a wasted slot, in particular when you need to tunnel someone out.
    • Hackers: Last time I played, there was an hacker in like 3 matches out of 5, for the most subtle cheaters, I haven't met too many people who teleport. Now it seems quite clean the game, or I haven't noticed anything because I'm quite rusty, you know after a long break it's normal.
    • SWF: Well, they still give you lots of problems. They're super-organized, all meta builds, busted toolboxes, bnp, prove thyself. You know, everything that can speed up gens, so you need to be very good in chase to face top SWF