Why Do People Act So Childish?
It must be stated that these guys do NOT represent the community as a whole, they are only a really small portion of the community, but even though it is a small portion, I still feel as if it must be addressed.
Occasionally I come across people who have their STEAM profiles stating "If I see X Y Z then Ill instantly DC" or some other stuff.
Next you play through the match like normal, you can be playing fair, you can even be using a meme build, but if you do one slight thing they dont like, expect them to harass you in the post-game chat.
Check your profile? -Rep is there since they took actual time out of their day to put one, because they cant keep things inside of the game where it belongs, they want to drag things into the real world.
Ive seen Survivors and Killers do this so much lately, Idk if it's just my matchmaking, but Idk, it's just childish. Sometimes they are streamers/content creators as well, and they put their behavior on full display for their audience.
I personally do not get upset easily, since ya know, a game is just a game, and personally I can ignore hateful comments, Im use to it since Im trans so I get it a lot, but surely this will have an impact on other that might not be able the handle such anyways?
Also I just really wonder how people can act in childish ways and not even consider how it impacts their image or makes them look? Do people feel no shame or embarrassment when harassing others over a game?
Comments
There are a fair few reasons, but one in particular is the anonymity the internet offers. The belief nobody will ever find them is a major factor in being a wanker.
Different reasons link around ideas of immaturity, having a bad day, revenge and some others, but anonymity is the basic building blocks for being a troll. It's why those people are usually insecure.
Because they have the safety to act selfish
Honestly though i have to disagree that it's a small portion i think it's the majority.
Shaming other people based on how they play in this game is popularised.
Dead By Daylight