Better than twitch now?
I was on TikTok this morning and noticed a fairly new DBD player streaming on there, I must say I've never seen more people who didn't know what the game was just join up and start talking to this guy, he had like 800 viewers and I would argue that some lower level streamers on twitch put a lot more effort in for way less viewers, so it brings the question is TikTok better for streaming than twitch now for content creators who arent well known? It seems that more viewers are willing to just stumble on your stream and stay there than they would on twitch due to the sheer volume of options to click
Comments
time to become tiktok famous
It's a matter of scale.
Tiktok streaming is still a relatively new space so discoverability is likely to just be better since there are functionally less people streaming on the platform. The real question is what is the viewer to subscriber rate if tiktok has a subscription ability or at the very least the viewer to follower conversion rate. Tiktok is a platform known for having a massive click through rate due to the strength of their For You page system so videos can get really high view rates, but the accounts that made them can have really low follower numbers. I would also wonder what is the payout metrics for tiktok streaming or if you're relying solely on personal brand strength to move merch.
Tiktok is usually where I see Twitch streamers posting clips to get more eyes over to their main platform and it does work at least for the drag streamers I've been around for the past few years.