Did you get enough of designing characters as if they were sexual and attractive?

It seems like a more profitable way to make skins for the thirsty to buy than to make skins that fit their story, and this is evident in the latest killer we got.

And what next they might make a killer who wears nothing but ripped underwear and with a sexual appearance and then call him "wild - ruthless - and others" and this is the worst way to explain the horror of any character

Well, the majority of the community was clear, "We want more terrifying killers," and in my opinion, they should be terrifying in their appearance as well, and the way they move is frightening, and not just their story.

This is absolutely not an attack on the developers

I want to show how much I resent thirsty people who change the identity of the game to satisfy their desire

Comments

  • @Boons123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3419807#Comment_3419807

    You're telling me you're attracted but scared at the same time? How to be attracted and repelled at the same time

    When you see monster , you will be nervous, you will not care about his story, because now you are trying to survive on your own

    But when you see the Skull Merchant, she looks like a normal person and moves in a way as if she's failed at everything in her life, It will never feel threatened, and even in the actual game, it just stalls the game for as long as possible

    It does not seem to me that lust and terror are a great way to explain horror (if you notice all the characters that were scary when you are new to the game, they were not characters related to sex and lust, but they were terrifying in their appearance, strength, voices, and even their story).

    Alright so writing this out in a forum post is probably gonna be a touch out of my depth so I'll just link a couple of articles about fear and arousal as a springboard.

    Watch the video at the end................Come to learn with us :http://humanbehaviorlab.com/training/
    Survival-mode emotional states can act as unconscious sexual lures.

    That should get you and anyone else curious about the link started towards looking into that link more if you want. To answer you question on a personal level is something I can do in a forum post though.

    For me, some things are purely repulsive and shocking. Monsters with no inherent feeling of humanity, things that push at the edges of conscious understanding. Things that I can't relate to or even truly comprehend, but instinctively have no choice but to fear. Most killers in this game aren't that, they aren't conceptual beasts that evoke only fear and can't be understood through other more human lenses. Most of these killers are just people who happen to do horrific things or experience horrific things that ultimately change them for the worst. Huntress would split me in half without much thought, but it doesn't change that she is a beautiful woman under the mask. Trapper's brute strength would destroy me and I'm kinda here for that.

    Like humans don't experience single feelings, we can and do experience a multitude of feelings all at once. Even our senses are tuned to understand things in broad groups. Like when you smell rotten meat it has a repulsive odor, but it also has those strange notes of sweetness. It's such a common thing that we have the phrase "The Sweet Smell of Death" which basically describes not only that actual sweet smell, but also the strange allure humans have towards death. There is beauty in violence and their is violence in art. The feeling I get when someone both scares and entices me is quite strong, it makes no less invested in my own safety in that moment, but the lingering potential thought of spicy end makes those moments just as memorable as being so terrified that my heart tries to stop.

    The horror genre is really good at capitalizing on these sets of mixed feelings to create memorable experiences. DBD isn't locked to one specific franchise or sub genre of horror it is just a horror game full stop. So it has always touched on other emotions than pure fear. Way back in the day Wraith and Nurse got Valentines Day cosmetics that made them a couple. Nurse literally gave Wraith her still beating heart, a grotesque display of affection.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420167#Comment_3420167

    Alright so writing this out in a forum post is probably gonna be a touch out of my depth so I'll just link a couple of articles about fear and arousal as a springboard.

    https://humanbehaviorlab.com/why-fear-and-arousal-look-the-same/

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-embodied-mind/201301/sexual-attraction-and-survival-mode

    That should get you and anyone else curious about the link started towards looking into that link more if you want. To answer you question on a personal level is something I can do in a forum post though.

    For me, some things are purely repulsive and shocking. Monsters with no inherent feeling of humanity, things that push at the edges of conscious understanding. Things that I can't relate to or even truly comprehend, but instinctively have no choice but to fear. Most killers in this game aren't that, they aren't conceptual beasts that evoke only fear and can't be understood through other more human lenses. Most of these killers are just people who happen to do horrific things or experience horrific things that ultimately change them for the worst. Huntress would split me in half without much thought, but it doesn't change that she is a beautiful woman under the mask. Trapper's brute strength would destroy me and I'm kinda here for that.

    Like humans don't experience single feelings, we can and do experience a multitude of feelings all at once. Even our senses are tuned to understand things in broad groups. Like when you smell rotten meat it has a repulsive odor, but it also has those strange notes of sweetness. It's such a common thing that we have the phrase "The Sweet Smell of Death" which basically describes not only that actual sweet smell, but also the strange allure humans have towards death. There is beauty in violence and their is violence in art. The feeling I get when someone both scares and entices me is quite strong, it makes no less invested in my own safety in that moment, but the lingering potential thought of spicy end makes those moments just as memorable as being so terrified that my heart tries to stop.

    The horror genre is really good at capitalizing on these sets of mixed feelings to create memorable experiences. DBD isn't locked to one specific franchise or sub genre of horror it is just a horror game full stop. So it has always touched on other emotions than pure fear. Way back in the day Wraith and Nurse got Valentines Day cosmetics that made them a couple. Nurse literally gave Wraith her still beating heart, a grotesque display of affection.

    I agree with this, I don't mind sexy, or even very sexy outfits, the grotesque display of affection as you said isn't just horror, and that's why I don't agree with the skull merchant, the sexy outfit is awesome, but they just shoved it in you face with no relations (or a very bad relation) to her lore.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420167#Comment_3420167

    Alright so writing this out in a forum post is probably gonna be a touch out of my depth so I'll just link a couple of articles about fear and arousal as a springboard.

    https://humanbehaviorlab.com/why-fear-and-arousal-look-the-same/

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-embodied-mind/201301/sexual-attraction-and-survival-mode

    That should get you and anyone else curious about the link started towards looking into that link more if you want. To answer you question on a personal level is something I can do in a forum post though.

    For me, some things are purely repulsive and shocking. Monsters with no inherent feeling of humanity, things that push at the edges of conscious understanding. Things that I can't relate to or even truly comprehend, but instinctively have no choice but to fear. Most killers in this game aren't that, they aren't conceptual beasts that evoke only fear and can't be understood through other more human lenses. Most of these killers are just people who happen to do horrific things or experience horrific things that ultimately change them for the worst. Huntress would split me in half without much thought, but it doesn't change that she is a beautiful woman under the mask. Trapper's brute strength would destroy me and I'm kinda here for that.

    Like humans don't experience single feelings, we can and do experience a multitude of feelings all at once. Even our senses are tuned to understand things in broad groups. Like when you smell rotten meat it has a repulsive odor, but it also has those strange notes of sweetness. It's such a common thing that we have the phrase "The Sweet Smell of Death" which basically describes not only that actual sweet smell, but also the strange allure humans have towards death. There is beauty in violence and their is violence in art. The feeling I get when someone both scares and entices me is quite strong, it makes no less invested in my own safety in that moment, but the lingering potential thought of spicy end makes those moments just as memorable as being so terrified that my heart tries to stop.

    The horror genre is really good at capitalizing on these sets of mixed feelings to create memorable experiences. DBD isn't locked to one specific franchise or sub genre of horror it is just a horror game full stop. So it has always touched on other emotions than pure fear. Way back in the day Wraith and Nurse got Valentines Day cosmetics that made them a couple. Nurse literally gave Wraith her still beating heart, a grotesque display of affection.

    It has been mentioned that you are attracted after fear to someone you see, but this is in real life when there is a woman next to you if you are a man or vice versa

    The game tells of a god-like being who kidnaps people from their worlds and puts them through endless terrifying trials.

    And then you see thirsty skins in the match as if they had just come out of a party and this spoils the experience with horror

    I don't know how some people find it so cool I find it so disgusting (I prefer prude skins and I hope to see more of them)

    I may have misunderstood what you are trying to get at so can you give me characters from outside of DBD as examples

  • @Boons123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420405#Comment_3420405

    It has been mentioned that you are attracted after fear to someone you see, but this is in real life when there is a woman next to you if you are a man or vice versa

    The game tells of a god-like being who kidnaps people from their worlds and puts them through endless terrifying trials.

    And then you see thirsty skins in the match as if they had just come out of a party and this spoils the experience with horror

    I don't know how some people find it so cool I find it so disgusting (I prefer prude skins and I hope to see more of them)

    I may have misunderstood what you are trying to get at so can you give me characters from outside of DBD as examples

    Morticia from the Addams Family(Funny, Classy, Sexy, and quite dangerous as all of the Addams family are)

    Akasha from Queen of the Damned

    The Brides of Dracula(Darcula also a horror sex symbol in his own right)

    Sil from Species(Alien human hybrid film for 1995)

    Alma from F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin(Specifically Adult Alma, but she spends a lot of time appearing as a child. This game is very weird.)

    A great deal of the vampires in Vampire the Masquerade universe, but if I had to pick one I'd say look up Velvet Velour she's a part of clan Toreador.

    Cissy Carpenter from the Mafu Cage

    Mallory Knox from Natural Born Killers(highly suggest this film)

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3420540#Comment_3420540

    Morticia from the Addams Family(Funny, Classy, Sexy, and quite dangerous as all of the Addams family are)

    Akasha from Queen of the Damned

    The Brides of Dracula(Darcula also a horror sex symbol in his own right)

    Sil from Species(Alien human hybrid film for 1995)

    Alma from F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin(Specifically Adult Alma, but she spends a lot of time appearing as a child. This game is very weird.)

    A great deal of the vampires in Vampire the Masquerade universe, but if I had to pick one I'd say look up Velvet Velour she's a part of clan Toreador.

    Cissy Carpenter from the Mafu Cage

    Mallory Knox from Natural Born Killers(highly suggest this film)

    I haven't seen any of them, but just seeing that little girl was a little stressful, and the one I mentioned is the first one.

    But the rest didn't really feel any tension or terror, just (Ugh, why is she like this, why is she trying to seduce people, that's disgusting

    It seems that I am the only one who is not attracted to anything, but rather annoyed by it

1 2 ›