Bad connection?
I literally cant finish a match lately because often times when I pick up someone I freeze then DC. I know what everyone will be thinking, that its just "rage quit dc", but I seriously don't know what the issue is. DBD is currently the only game where im having this problem (and strangely only as artist, played merchant and nemi yesterday and was fine). Advice? Help? S.O.S signal flair?
Comments
Play artist only once a week to check if the problem still persists, to not increase the DC penalty, and just play other killer if they aren't problematic for you?
Just to clarify, what kind of freeze are we talking about? Does the game completely lock up, or are you stuck in place with the game still running (e.g. you can see mist and other things still moving)?
If it's the former, I would suggest verifying your game files - the steps vary depending on your platform. In very rare cases, corrupted files may cause the game to crash when certain things happen. If you're on PC, I would also recommend checking your graphics card drivers and making sure they are up to date.
If it's the latter, it's unlikely that the Killer you're playing is affecting your connection. I've just done a search and there doesn't seem to be any known issues with The Artist causing disconnections. Are you playing on a wired connection or on Wifi? I'd strongly recommend a wired connection whenever possible, it'll be far more stable than wifi, especially if your PC/console is far away from your router.
If you're certain that this issue only happens when playing The Artist, I'd strongly suggest creating a Bug Report and reaching out to our support team.
Thanks for the help. Was actually able to finish matches as artist yesterday so I'm chalking it down to 1/100 coincidence that it happened 3 times exactly the same way.
To clarify, was on wifi, the game kept running (sounds and all), could play other killers and survivor that night.