Im genuinely curious, what the hell are killers meant to do?

I play survivor and killer equally. Killer has become much harder in my MMR.

People still heal really fast ( this was meant to be the slowdown to combat gen regression destruction ? )

It doesnt matter if I tunnel, or try to spread pressure. Gens are being done so fast I cant keep up.


If I hear a gen is 50% done, what am I meant to do? Are we actually meant to just let it get done?

If I go kick it, it does 2.5%, the survivor runs away and I chase them, another one gets right on it. Its lost like half a second progress. I go back, kick it again, survivors swap and vise verse. Then I have to just commit to one of them, and while I am the gen gets done.

Im feeling stuck as killer. I can only have fun on the top top tier killers now, and even those matches im literally sweating IRL. if theyre nerfed I think id be done as killer.


IMO this game is really losing its FUN factor. I am sweating in matches, but what for reason?

Comments

  • It's difficult to say without knowing more. For instance what killer do you main or need advice for? Eruption is still decent. Jolt is good for basically every M1 killer. Corrupt is still solid early game slow down. Deadlock is good passive slowdown.

    There are tons of options depending on who/how you are playing. Another approach is to focus on chase perks to end chases asap.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Did you run a lot of Slowdown before the most recent patch? Especially Call of Brine and Overcharge?

    If this is the case - well, you need to adapt. You got into an MMR-Range where you simply dont belong, but ended up there because your use of Slowdown enabled you to win games which you only won because you prolonged them enough to drain all the ressources of the Survivors. And you did not drain those because you played well, but because it took so long for them to complete Gens.

    You will not be the only Killer player who has this issue right now, many got carried by Slowdowns, but think that they are actually good if they win a game in 20 minutes.

    IF MMR is working correctly (haha), then you should get more reasonable opponents after some more games.

    I was always telling that.

    I dont use any slowdown, not try so hard to get as much 4K to keep my MMR correct to my skill. The whole slowdown nerf litterally doesnt affect me.

    If anything, Coh & DH nerf with 24sec self heal are big buff for me as killer.

  • The points I would mention have already been covered for the most part. Just one thing: See how far you get with a killer at basekit and just Lethal+QoL perks (the one where scratchies spawn closer, blood is more visible, sth for bloodpoints only, that kinda thing). It's not for you to 4k - chances are you won't - but to see how far you get without anything but a bit of a jumpstart. If you have trouble getting a single survivor in most matches/you average out at 5 hookstages or less, chances are you're actually playing way out of your league. If you average out at 6+ hookstages, chances are you could turn a lot more matches into 3-4k if you picked a good build/played sweaty. (With the exception of Myers)

    I like to give myself that reality check sometimes when matches have gone really good for me and I got to an MMR range I probably don't belong (many soloQ, hook suicides, just games snowballing for some reason, afks, survs focusing on Archives - all that stuff that gives me kills and raises my mmr without me being a deciding factor in that).

  • I think there’s only 5 of us in the whole world lol even though we’re the poor and unfashionable cousins at the family get together, it’s still a very fun game on switch tbf! As long as we don’t stare too longingly at the graphics and features the PC, PS and Xbox players have, it holds up fairly well for the most part!

1 2 ›