PC (Steam)- "Error: Disconnected from Host" Every Match as Killer

Step 1: Boot the game

Step 2: Start a match as Killer

Step 3: Match seem normal get about half way through a normal game and then it freezes

Step 4: "Error: Disconnected from Host" - Lose all progress from match and get banned from matchmaking

Platform: PC(Steam)

Characters: Multiple killers as I jump around on who I feel like playing. Recently was a game with Ghost Face, a game with Pig, and a game with Nemesis

Last 3 matches it has happened. Happened on some other random matches about a week ago. I thought it was my network, but I have fixed any issues there.

Internet is 400-500mbs download with a 25mbs upload. No connection issues.

Here are the log files from today(not sure if all are needed or not):

DeadByDaylight.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2023.04.23-20.05.37.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2023.04.23-20.01.37.log DeadByDaylight-backup-2023.04.23-05.05.46.log

Any assistance is appreciated. I'm worried I'll get banned for an excessive amount of time so I'm afraid to even play now.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Have had the same issue on PS5 recently, have had it happen while playing survivor as well. I also was afraid to queue and risk higher DC penalty, so I played against bots in some custom games - same issue occurred several times while playing against the bots.

  • This happens to me all the time as both killer and survivor exactly as you described. Unfortunately I haven’t found a solution yet and dbd doesn’t seem to care at all even though it is not an internet issue.