Console improvements
I am the average xbox player. I do not play shooters as this stick on gamepad is the same as it was playing on arrows keyboard in doom 1 or duke nukem. For the same reason I do not play killers in this game, it is even impossible for me to catch somebody just running around a rock, I can not turn so smoothly as PC mouse do. Also I am playing in living room on 75' TV during the day, and days in Cyprus are very sunny, so on some maps I literally cant see anything. When I am playing against Dredge honestly I am just skipping this match as his ability makes my TV turn black and 50% of time I must wait when debuff ends. And the final thing is that I am an old fart and do not have friends, so only random team matches and only crossplatform as you will never find a match searching xbox only.
Here is what I suggest:
- let console increase brightness or set special color mode for better contrast
- slightly increase killers running speed fir console
- do not add console players to crossplatform teams against Dredge, Cannibal and Legion
-aim assist for trickster and deathslinger :)
Comments
In my exerience MMR takes care of the obvious disadvantage I have playing with a controller. I simply don't get matched with good survivors when I am a ranged killer that I am clearly only playing for a daily quest or rift mission. Having said that, I have had to take a fair few zero kills to get matched with default Dwights again.
Having said that, in my household, young Jaws2IsTheNextKiller is very proficient on PS5 with ranged killers with a fraction of my experience so I put my inability to play with these killers squarely at my own potato skill level. Unfortunately I think aim assist might make some controller killers too good.
The worst thing for me is when I can not see anything. I am ok to loose to PC mouse players but let me see what is happening. No fun at all looking at the black screen.
this isn't the game, it's your setup. try putting the blinds down, increasing your tv brightness/contrast, or changing your colourblind mode to whatever helps with your visibility.
I think you are wrong. This is the user expereince of console player. I am sitting in 3 meters from TV, I have a comfortable sofa and a lot of light even with blinds. If dark room is a part of user set up then it is another unfair disadvantage for the most console players.
Anyway I was curious are developers reading any feedback. Now I suppose not :) I like game mechanic but will leave it once any competitior with brightness appears. Peace!
FYI dear developers and qa. Even with blinds behind my back it is impossible to play against Dredge