Recently come back to this game and I don’t get why everyone I come across is so toxic

I don’t get a lot of time to play Xbox and when I load up this game, every game I play the killers always camp or tunnel I just want to have fun but it’s hard to when the killers are so toxic. I miss how this game used to be but now it’s just not the same anymore. I’m not the best at the game and I don’t have a lot of time played on this game but the people I get matched with seem to be like maxed out on everything

Comments

  • There's nothing fundamentally toxic about camping and tunneling (unless they're like, hitting you on hook and harassing you in chat afterwards), but it does suck really really hard to go against. It feels miserable and unfortunately there's not much that can be done to make it more worthwhile or less frustrating on the receiving end.

    I'm not very good at the game, and these past few weeks I've gone against a lot of very nice killers. I'll send them your way in spirit !

    Hope you have better games next. =)

  • The devs went on a warpath against most good Killer Gen defense perks.

    So... now a decent amount of killers feel like defending gens is impossible... so they don't bother and just try to win by making the game a 3v1 asap.

  • Why? Because the devs allow it, simple.

    Facecamping is a good example. It wastes the time of all 5 players in the lobby and in 90% of cases combined with griefing/toxicity (hitting on hook, chasing exclusively the same survivor etc.).

    Please watch that, it's hookcamperlol's last stream:

    https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertTolerantSalamanderDerp-E7XriVUm8dlTAuy3


    Any reasonable devs would consider this griefing/toxicity, instead DBD ones view it as a strategy, and have left it unaddressed for years.

    As a result, you get players who are normally non-toxic (like me) employ the same unfun playstyles to troll/grief other people, because why not? DBD is the only game who allows you to play like a true sadist and get away with it, so profit while you can.