Accessibility - skill checks need a visual indicator

Thankfully, I don't have hearing problems, but sometimes I just want to mute the game, maybe play music, and play survivor in a chill way. The visual terror radius is a great help. However, skill checks are still a problem. There are no visual indicators for them (as far as I'm aware, they are present in the Mobile version of DBD). So doing gens or healing becomes stressful, and requires too much focus without the audio.

Now imagine how hard it must be for people who are actually hard of hearing. I hope you implement this. Mostly for the people who need it, but also for anyone else who wants to just play while chilling with some music.

Comments

  • @Alen_Starkly said:

    Thankfully, I don't have hearing problems, but sometimes I just want to mute the game, maybe play music, and play survivor in a chill way. The visual terror radius is a great help. However, skill checks are still a problem. There are no visual indicators for them (as far as I'm aware, they are present in the Mobile version of DBD). So doing gens or healing becomes stressful, and requires too much focus without the audio.

    Now imagine how hard it must be for people who are actually hard of hearing. I hope you implement this. Mostly for the people who need it, but also for anyone else who wants to just play while chilling with some music.

    Sure, and while they're add it, they should add a visual representation of foot steps and breathing for killers, since, you know, some killers are hard of hearing, and sometimes killers just want to play with the game muted.

  • @Zenislev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/372972/accessibility-skill-checks-need-a-visual-indicator

    Sure, and while they're add it, they should add a visual representation of foot steps and breathing for killers, since, you know, some killers are hard of hearing, and sometimes killers just want to play with the game muted.

    That sounds like a good idea! I think it would help. It wouldn't add anything OP for people using sound, but it would help players who can't hear well. Even Fortnite has such mechanics in place. Nice suggestion :)