What if The Trapper wasn't in the game and he was the new chapter? How will community react?

Imagine that we do not know who the Trapper is, as if he was not from the original game, and then he was added as a new killer, how would your reaction be?

Comments

  • If Trapper got added as a new killer, his kit would most likely be more than just placing bear traps.

  • We wouldn’t have all those insane Otz Trapper clips for all these years.

  • The community would be probably freak out and go "OMG FAILED JASON LISCENCE THAT FELL THROUGH????"

  • He wouldn’t be what he is today. Killer powers have gotten more complex over time and his power would be too simple for a modern-day killer.

    That said, if he was actually added today exactly as he is, I’d be pretty disappointed.

  • I have the same thought about Hag.

    They wouldn't be released as is.

    And probably would be stronger, since the last few chapters all showed that if within one week people complain that they haven't mastered the killer yet, the killer gets buffs.

    I don't think BHVR would introduce new killers who are hard to learn like Nurse or Hag.

  • That's an interesting question. So we're imaging the rest of the game development has played out the same, but no Trapper and now he enters the game. As others have said its really unlikely he'd enter in his current state, but for the hypothetical I'll imagine he comes in exactly as he is.

    So that means the idea of killers who could leave something in place would have just been Hag for the entire game cycle, and then two defensive killers, Skully and Trapper, come in back to back. I think first thing is that the community would worry about BHVR having a radical shift in design,

    Second, I think people would complain about him being too powerful at first. 'Hag has to teleport to her traps and she still has to chase, Trapper gets instant downs if he's near and a health state even if he's not'. His top tier addons would definitely be complained about as being too powerful (which is true I think, base trapper should be buffed and his stronger addons made less powerful).

    Third, I think killers would enjoy him more. Talk about how he's finally a nice change of pace and you can play a strategic game if you want instead of just chase after chase. Given he was coming after Skully's massive 3 genning powers I think killers would also point to how his gameplay, while defensive, doesn't have the same 'hold the game in place for an hour' ability.

    Fourth, you'd get complaints for a couple of weeks about how his traps are impossible to detect and the design needs to be changed.

    The map complaints would stay the same.

    After a few weeks though, I think all of the above would die down and we'd be right were we currently are.