Experience after the patch... was actually pretty positive.

So, I started playing today, normally I play a ton of Killer, but I said to my friend that I would play a ton more survivor today and thus, I did.

So far my games have actually been really fun, There were a few killers that ran sloppy and etc, as way to try to make healing more painful, but healing other players is back to normal so it doesn't work as much as they want it to. I'm no longer feeling really tilted on games where I press Dead Hard and it doesn't activate[causing a down]. Overall I'm honestly pretty happy with the changes, most of my trouble thus far has been with teammates not wanting to touch gens as if they were allergic instead of bad games.


Heck, I even got tunneled out by a Pyramid Head on Midwitch, and I had a extremely fun time running that man, honestly after I caused him to lose 4 gens and 99'd the last after losing him, I understand why he wanted to camp and tunnel me after first hook. I was cackling that game IRL. Still died, but it was pretty good.

With the changes I feel like I'm not being punished for running non-meta perks anymore. As I'm not having to deal with 3 gens anymore, with the gen regression perks being nerfed.

A lot of older DBD players may not enjoy the game anymore, but as someone who has just been getting into survivor last year, these changes make things feel like a breath of fresh air. You aren't going to win every game, and your perks no longer decide the outcome of a match. Making things feel pretty great. It's less tilting to lose as either side, cause if you lose as survivor you can relax from a tense game. [THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR ALL KILLERS!, SUCH AS NURSE!] (I love Nurse, but she is stupidly hard to balance in this game.)

All in all, I'll repeat a letter I sent when I started out on this forum. Good job DBD Devs, keep it up, keep fixing bugs and working on chapter stuff, and the game will only improve. You may drive out old players, which is saddening, but new ones are coming and are genuinely enjoying the game, keep taking in feed back and keep on working on removing more unfun and unbalanced part of the game. [Sadly still not a fan of Skull Merchant.]

@TrueGuardian32 said:

Consider this a letter, a thank you letter to the Devs.

Despite my initial opinion of the game, my opinions regarding the game changes, despite my complaints and constant attempts to rework things for better or worse. I'm appreciative of you guys. You may not have all the answers, you may not be perfect. But you are trying, constantly working on a game where a percentage of the player base are loud and entitled and believe that you are helping the other side just because you hate the other side, and even when you make a mistake you will eventually address it. Plus you are still working on a game that was made 6 years ago in a time where this was basically an indie game with no balance in mind and a extremely messy code. Yet you managed to make sense of it to the best of your abilities, consistently listening to feedback despite all the complaints and insults, consistently trying to do your best. For that, I think you. I used to think this game was massively unfun, years ago when I initially got the game I had a lot of issues with it to the point where it was just unfun to play, with infi sabo hooks and such, and at the time I was an exclusive killer guy, since I didn't really have anyone to play with and my survivor games were typically fast and ended up with me dying most of the time sense I didn't have an idea of looping. But, over time you guys have consistently updated the game, increasing the fun value for killer and survivors. Working on many things, and even worked against your initial ideas and reduced the grind for DBD, which was honestly a good change. This game will never truly be perfect for everyone, but I will say this.

Thank you, for developing this game, for constantly updating it, for constantly working despite complaints and controversy. For not giving up in the face of a flood of complaints and threats. For the fun moments that I have with this game. All of this. I sincerely like playing this game, even with the issues it may have, and as long as you guys don't stop working on this game, I'll probably keep playing it.


Comments