Clown suggestions

Yo, just to give some background, Clown is my highest played killer out of all and honestly my fav killer in the game with the slowing down a surv and the fast hits you can get with him lol.

I am a retired Clown main as of now and sort of moved on to Freddy, but I recently played Clown again and man it felt great.

But as I kept playing I soon did run into a bit of high MMR and then it reminded me that Clown is still weak because of his no map pressure. Not saying Clown is weak in chases but when it comes to gens he def struggles.

However, I really wanna stick with him thick and through so Im here to ask for some build suggestions that will hopefully give me a balanced fighting chance if the cards are played right each match.

Comments

  • You've probably seen this already but there is a very detailed clown by Arinad

    You can find it in the discription of this video

    https://youtu.be/n-WDryzXabo

  • @ClownGuy5 said:

    Yo, just to give some background, Clown is my highest played killer out of all and honestly my fav killer in the game with the slowing down a surv and the fast hits you can get with him lol.

    I am a retired Clown main as of now and sort of moved on to Freddy, but I recently played Clown again and man it felt great.

    But as I kept playing I soon did run into a bit of high MMR and then it reminded me that Clown is still weak because of his no map pressure. Not saying Clown is weak in chases but when it comes to gens he def struggles.

    However, I really wanna stick with him thick and through so Im here to ask for some build suggestions that will hopefully give me a balanced fighting chance if the cards are played right each match.

    He's certainly not my main but I am fond of playing clown.

    If you're struggling with gens as clown then hands off regression perks are the way to go. Pain res will be good, at least until the midchapter update hits. Jolt too since clown can finish chases fast and eruption isn't bad with him if you chase someone off a gen.

    Or if kicking gens is more your thing don't forget about the yellow clouds. Helps you traverse quicker. Pop overcharge is a combo I've been having fun with. Another build I've tried on a few killers is distressing, unnerving, coulrophobia and sloppy butcher. No direct regression and it doesn't work well on large maps but bring a jigsaw piece and players are pretty much constantly in your terror radius. Might work well on clown since it's useful for keeping survs perma injured and clown can down reeeal fast if he finds an injured surv.

    On the more ruthless end of the spectrum he is adept at tunneling since he can end chases quick, and there are few better ways to apply pressure than to remove one surv fast as possible. Not my preferred style but it works.

    Or just lean into finishing chases. My preferred build with clown is one regression perk, one seeker perk, plus superior anatomy and bamboozle. That particular combo makes vaults extremely dangerous for survivors, if a surv runs for a vault you throw a bottle past them through the vault, they fast vault get slowed and you practically catapult yourself through the vault after them and they lose a lot of distance, usually enough to stop them reaching a pallet. Plus bamboozle is always good for shutting down vault loops.

    Apologies if this is stuff you already knew.

  • @HoodedWildKard said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/372328/clown-suggestions

    He's certainly not my main but I am fond of playing clown.

    If you're struggling with gens as clown then hands off regression perks are the way to go. Pain res will be good, at least until the midchapter update hits. Jolt too since clown can finish chases fast and eruption isn't bad with him if you chase someone off a gen.

    Or if kicking gens is more your thing don't forget about the yellow clouds. Helps you traverse quicker. Pop overcharge is a combo I've been having fun with. Another build I've tried on a few killers is distressing, unnerving, coulrophobia and sloppy butcher. No direct regression and it doesn't work well on large maps but bring a jigsaw piece and players are pretty much constantly in your terror radius. Might work well on clown since it's useful for keeping survs perma injured and clown can down reeeal fast if he finds an injured surv.

    On the more ruthless end of the spectrum he is adept at tunneling since he can end chases quick, and there are few better ways to apply pressure than to remove one surv fast as possible. Not my preferred style but it works.

    Or just lean into finishing chases. My preferred build with clown is one regression perk, one seeker perk, plus superior anatomy and bamboozle. That particular combo makes vaults extremely dangerous for survivors, if a surv runs for a vault you throw a bottle past them through the vault, they fast vault get slowed and you practically catapult yourself through the vault after them and they lose a lot of distance, usually enough to stop them reaching a pallet. Plus bamboozle is always good for shutting down vault loops.

    Apologies if this is stuff you already knew.

    No you're good lol, Im gonna def try some of the tips you mentioned