Would DBD Be Better If Regression Was Limited?

I kind of got to thinking, what if there was a limit to the amount of regression you could run in a build.

Let's say, for example, you could only physically use a single regression perk on a Killer, but the effects of the regression itself was stronger, would the DBD community accept and like this system more than the current one?

Ive seen a lot of people complain about the lack of diversity in builds, and while I think it is a fair argument, limitations force people to be creative and restricting the amount of certain perks that can be used allows for more open slots for other perks.

But if this is the case, what would people run in those empty slots? I personally think it will just be Aura Reading/Information perks, maybe something to help in chase, but youll never see those "fun" perks (like Dark Devotion, for example) in most high levels of play.

Comments

  • I generally speaking agree. Much like how survivors have a mechanic that makes running more than one exhaustion perk really hard, I think something similar could be done with the regression perks.

    Overcharge, PR, and CoB could have stayed how they were, some of the gen regression perks could have been even a little stronger, but combining them just led to games that were way too long.

    I think it would be an overall healthier game. Many survivors who are unlocking things with shards don't have all the perks to make meta builds, but BHVR still has to balance around the possibility of unlimited combinations. If perks were put together in groups and killers/survivors allowed to take only one per group, it would be much easier to balance/buff/nerf the perks within those groupings.

  • No it doesn't 'allow for more slots to be used!' it forces you to use other things which is horrible considering the reason WHY regression perks are needed still hasn't been addressed