make the monthly rank reset more rewarding

For example, 2 mil bp and 5k shards per survivor and per killer each if you manage to get to one in the grades, as far as I'm concerned you can add 2 more grades emerald and diamond after the leveling of the BW has been made faster it wouldn't be a bad thing to spend it all and at the same time it would feel good to reach the highest grade status

Comments

  • They want you to grind to buy original chapters and skins. They're not going to give you 5000 shards per month.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    They want you to grind to buy original chapters and skins. They're not going to give you 5000 shards per month.

    its all about 10k if you play both sides, but true true xDD we talking about bhvr, forged that all what i say hehehe

  • @C3Tooth said:

    They want you to grind to buy original chapters and skins. They're not going to give you 5000 shards per month.

    Half a character per month isn't unreasonable. Do you know how insane the grind is when you start from scratch? You're going to need shards in the ballpark of 300,000+.

    I made a thread about this in the suggestions forum to add roughly a few hundred shards per grade, and that's still just a drop in the bucket compared to the big picture.

  • @Caiman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3394413#Comment_3394413

    Half a character per month isn't unreasonable. Do you know how insane the grind is when you start from scratch? You're going to need shards in the ballpark of 300,000+.

    I made a thread about this in the suggestions forum to add roughly a few hundred shards per grade, and that's still just a drop in the bucket compared to the big picture.

    I know its insane, which is why I dont recommend my friends to play the game. But knowing Devs will never make shards as an easy earn currency as BP.

    I only wish one day they make only Dwight & Trapper as starters, then give new players 100.000 shards to let people buy whoever they want. At least it will bring more diversity to characters.

  • @Caiman said:

    As more and more characters are added to the game, the grind for Iridescent Shards to unlock them has become absolutely absurd. If you're a new player on PC starting with only the basic characters, it would take you upwards of 300,000+ Shards to unlock all the non-licensed characters. That is insanity, and it's time BHVR starts mitigating that grind.

    So I suggest that players receive Shards in addition to Blood Points when the Grades reset every month. A flat amount of Shards for every grade increase should be enough. Even a mere 200 to 250 Shards per Grade would help a lot, but I think 300 to 500 would be healthier.

    Alternatively, Shards could scale directly to the Grade like Blood Points do. Something like:

    • Ash Grades = 200 Shards
    • Bronze Grades = 250 Shards
    • Silver Grades = 300 Shards
    • Gold Grades = 400 Shards
    • Iridescent Grades = 500 Shards

    For example, reaching Ash I would reward you with a total of 800 Shards, while reaching Bronze I would reward you with a total of 1,800 Shards: 800 from the four Ash Grades and 1,000 from the four Bronze Grades, and so on.

    This would make dedicated playtime feel more rewarding, both for new and veteran players. This will help new players who don't have the spare cash to throw around on all the DLC be able to unlock more of the game quicker. This will also help veteran players unlock more cosmetics, which I'd say they deserve for sticking around all these years.

    I may as well post the thread I made a couple weeks ago about this. Seriously, it's time for BHVR to stop being so stingy with shards.

  • BPs are nice, but the grind is so low it feels not rewarding anymore. I dont complain, but the goal "Iri 1 on both roles per season" isnt as rewarding as it was.

    Id rather get 500 Shards and only 500.000 BPs each side than 1.000.000 per side.

  • I think another thing they could do is much bigger devotion level rewards. I have always kicked around the idea of 100 auric cells but the problem is those you could use for licenced characters, which the licence holders wouldnt allow.

  • With how much BP I earn playing by the time I hit iri 1, I would like the max reward to be 1,500,000 BP or 2M BP. I think this wouldn't be so bad once the automatic bloodweb feature goes live. Iri shards would be an awesome reward, but I don't think they'll do that.

    Heres two more options I personally would like better.

    Devotion rewards. I would say for every Devotion you have, you get a bonus of 50-100 shards. So if you are Devotion 1, at level 50 you would earn 350 or 400 iri shards. I've always had this idea and I'm happy to see others with a similar mindset.

    I'd probably put a cap on it, though. Not sure where. But I think it's a nice idea.

    Another option I would suggest, would be to REMOVE the iri shard start up. This could be done on it's own or in tandem with the above option if tuned right. You only earn 300 every level once you get to level 50 REGARDLESS of what Devotion you are. I would remove this after one Devotion to also make it more rewarding. That way you get max shards every level.

    What do you guys think? I'd love to hear your thoughts!