I like Knight, he'd be perfect with a few tweaks
I'll give you the changes I'd make first, then the reasoning later.
Nerfs:
- Reduced regression upon kicking generators with guards to 1% for Assassin and Jailer, 2.5% for Carnifex
- After an unhook, both the unhooker and the unhooked survivor are undetectable to guards for 2 seconds
- Dried Horsemeat and Map of the Realm reduced to +2s and +2m
Buffs/Improvements:
- Guards begin patrolling 0.5s earlier after being deployed
- Increase the hunt time of all guards by 2 seconds
- Guards can now be deployed at any time (no restriction when near walls/objects)
- The Knight is now immune to stuns for 0.1s after exiting his power
- Knight can now recall a guard after 50% of its patrol duration is over
- Picking up the flag no longer grants Endurance or a speedboost
First off, I think Knight is actually a very fun killer to play as, and I don't mind playing against Knights. The issues i that their power is pretty inconsistent to use in chase due to clunky restrictions, while being quite oppressive in a 3-gen scenario. He is also highly reliant on Map of the Realm and Dried Horsemeat to both detect and land hits on experienced players using his guards.
The Nerfs
The nerfs to his 3-gen are pretty straightforward. Just reduce the kicking strength of guards. It doesn't make much sense why you get more regression by sending a guard anyway. Making it 1% base, with 2.5% for Carnifex makes sense to me, and would make it far less oppressive to try to 3-gen as Knight. Of course, the nerf to CoB and Overcharge already nerfed his 3-gen, but I don't think this is an unreasonable change.
The second nerf is immunity to being detected after an unhook. Note that this is just to prevent a free hit if you place a guard right after someone begins the unhook animation, which is kind of lame when done at a distance. 2 seconds is still short enough to let them detect the survivors before they can run away, but now they'll have a chance to defend themselves.
And finally, a small nerf to his most powerful addons. This is because the weaknesses they cover will be addresses in the buffs.
The Buffs
Reducing the little pause between guards being deployed, and beginning search will make them far, far more consistent with their searches. I can't count how many times I place a pretty decent guard, but the survivor simply leaves the detection range before the guard starts searching. It's also slightly too easy to evade a guard hit without using any form of resources, so I've added 2 seconds from Dried Horsemeat to basekit. You can still easily evade guard hits by using windows and pallets.
The two next changes are QoL buffs. The restriction to when you can use guards feels very clunky and un-intuitive, and should be removed. Also, the fact that you can be stunned if you place your guard under a pallet and hold M1 to break it as a survivor drops it is silly, and the stun immunity should help fix that.
And finally, being able to recall guards would be very nice if you misplaced a guard, especially Jailer. This is to make it a little less punishing to misplace a guard in chase. I know you can already recall guards by hitting them, but this would be a second option.
Also, no more Endurance or speed boost when picking up the banner, as this is pretty unnecessary.
Comments