Why’d you even bother with 6.1 if you were just gonna make the buffed perks even worse than before?
6.1 was intended to promote more variety by nerfing the highest used perks while buffing lower used ones to actually have a place in the meta. Prior to 6.1, I think we ironically had the most variety with Ruin Undying, Pop Tinkerer, PR DMS, BBQ, Thana, COB, Eruption, and others giving us plenty of options for different builds and strategies. Then 6.1 came around taking some of these out of the meta, while providing some alternatives some of which took their place and became strong perks in the new meta. But then it all went downhill when you started taking many of the new toys away without providing any alternatives.
Thana for example was perfectly viable before it got a small buff, but you obliterated it to the point where it’s now even worse than before its buff. Then DMS got gutted going from a perfectly fine perk by itself on a variety of killers to only usable with PR and on certain killers at that. Next, Eruption’s main strength was removed only to be replaced with a very weak and bad mechanic. Now we move to today, where PR got completely destroyed by being limited to activating only 4 times per match, and Overcharge being even worse than before its buff between the drastically reduced regression and the lower penalty on missing the skill check.
This just leads me back to before which is, why did you even bother with this initial meta shakeup patch in the first place? Obviously, we can’t see the future, but if Eruption and Overcharge were gonna end up nerfed to the point where they’re even worse than before their buffs that made them actually good in the first place, then why did you even bother buffing them in the first place? I would’ve rather them just stayed the way they were before if that’s the fate they were gonna suffer. Which is my biggest problem with today’s update.
Aside from there being nothing good remaining to counter gen rushing, you’re massively killing off general perk variety and forcing us to just use the same perks over and over, like is that what you want? Corrupt, Deadlock, No Way Out every match with immense camping and tunneling until those get nerfed next cause they’re “overused” which has occurred because YOU created that problem? I wouldn’t be as upset about these changes if you actually left them in positions where they were still usable, but your way of going about these nerfs has been to just smash into a bajillion pieces to where no one will ever even consider using them again because they’re so useless there’s absolutely no point.
And it’s not to say killers are the only ones suffering from this. I think survivors too are also left with less tools for their builds than before, arguably not as bad. That is why I was extremely disappointed when I read these changes today, and will likely stop playing this game until these problems are fixed, if ever. Thanks for reading.
PS: I apologize if I’ve hurt anyone with what I said before, but I’ve now calmed down a lot and taken some time to look at this update with a more clear mind and criticize things without insulting people. I’m sorry.
Comments
Can you edit your comment to break up the paragraphs, you don't have to do it much, just hit enter every 4-6 sentences because I really struggled to read this.
But anyways, I think I agree with what your saying, I don't like that killers and survivors are starting to play different games, with survivors using perks to cover their basekit weakness, and killers using dirty strategies to cover for their basekit weaknesses, Dead hard should've stayed how it was, and some number tweaks on a couple dozen survivor perks to buff weaker ones and nerf stronger ones would've been nice. But at this point, it's pretty obvious that Behavior will continue to run their borderline pay to win perk system. So we can only hope that killers can get some help in the perk department, and some nerfs in the tunnel/camp department.