More Selfcare User? OH NO

With the recent dev update, I think we will see more self-care users, right?

Medkit self heal = 33% speed & eficiency -33%

Self care = 35%


EDIT : I'm wrong, sorry... Self Care 35% Speed But Self Heal -33% from 100%

Comments

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    Not with the Medkit add-ons that increase healing speed, I doubt it. Plus with Inner Strength existing? There are tons of better perks to use than Self Care.

    But the fact is, I meet a lot of self-care users on my solo survivor match.

  • I think you are confusing the numbers.

    Self-care heals at a base of 35%, a 65% penalty. ~45 seconds

    Med-kits heal at a base of 67%, 33% penalty. ~24 seconds

    Lots of survivors run self-care, but its a really bad perk to have (passable with botany knowledge),

  • @crogers271 said:

    I think you are confusing the numbers.

    Self-care heals at a base of 35%, a 65% penalty. ~45 seconds

    Med-kits heal at a base of 67%, 33% penalty. ~24 seconds

    Lots of survivors run self-care, but its a really bad perk to have (passable with botany knowledge),

    Oh they different? my bad

    thank you for correction <3

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3392501#Comment_3392501

    Are they new? No one in average to above average MMR uses Self Care, no one I see anymore anyway. That perk wastes so much time, especially right now.

    not all of them are new... but I remember behavior once releasing data the most used perk: number 1: self-care.

  • @MikeStev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3392507#Comment_3392507

    not all of them are new... but I remember behavior once releasing data the most used perk: number 1: self-care.

    This number can be deceiving, it includes all regions. Ever watched DBD from other countries? In Asian countries, all survivors run self care. Its bizarre.

  • @MikeStev said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3392507#Comment_3392507

    not all of them are new... but I remember behavior once releasing data the most used perk: number 1: self-care.

    As mentioned, its extremely common on Asian servers. I've never played there, but this is my understanding on why:

    Killers are expected to tunnel. There is no etiquette that it is not appropriate. So if you get unhooked you know the killer is coming for you, so the obvious course of action is to book it away from the gens, likely toward a dead zone. Your team likely won't follow because they think they are safe smashing out gens. Thus if you get to the dead zone and you've eluded the killer, now you self care. You don't bring a medkit because you likely brought a toolbox or flashlight to either speed up the gens or slow down the killer more directly.