DH vs MoM

It was a ridiculous question before but now it's a pretty valid one, imo. So: Which one is more useful?


Ngl. I think MoM might actually be more reliable than DH now. Which is a bit mind boggling.

What do you guys think:

What's more likely to be pulled off conistently: Taking three protection hits - or getting the unhook requirement in a way that actually allows you to use DH when needed?

Comments

  • Dead hard is still more useful solo because you're likely throwing trying to get those 3 protection hits.

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    With how healing will still be in the next update? Probably DH because medkits will still only be able to be used once by default for 24 seconds (add-ons will help a lot). You will have more chances to use it by getting unhooked, unhooking yourself, and unhooking others. You have to fight with others to get the unhook though, and it has to be a safe unhook (I think) too so the killer can't tunnel.

    The way I understood it you get two uses of DH max; upon getting off the hook the first time and the second time. You don't get it by unhooking others.

    Though what you and @Crowman point out about getting the heals being somewhat difficult is valid. - Though, not too hard either. With new COH it's still gonna be tough in SoloQ but even as a duo (or if it's not you who sets up the boon) you should be able to get heals reasonably fast.

  • @Mystic_Mizu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3392441#Comment_3392441

    I'm aware of that, that's why I changed it... but I still think DH is gonna be more common than MoM for the reason that you don't have to take 3 protection hits to activate it.

    ah sorry - must've changed it while I was posting myself (which took a while cause sth came up in the middle of it)

    as for DH still being more common. - Probably. Though, I can't help but to get the impression that it's not actually worth it 🤔

  • I mean. Unless the killer is dropping chase every time someone gets a dh off then you only ever got it 3 times in the last patch, now it's just two. It's a significant nerf but it's strength when you have it is still the exact same. People are saying it's dead like it got the ruin treatment. I doubt it will ever go back to 3-4 in games like it is currently but I would be surprised if it's not 1-2 every game in a couple months yet again.

  • MoM still requires a lot more work and will be indirectly made worse by the fact that self-heals won’t be as strong now. CoH self-healing is gone and medkits are nerfed. I think DH is still better.